1st Round of Clomid

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

1st Round of Clomid

Postby QMandler214 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello all... Im new to the TTC board. My name is Quadria I am 28. My husband and I have been having trouble trying to conceive for some time now. I was diagnosed with pcos at the age of 15 and was told that I would probably never have children. In May 2010 we conceived our first baby without any medications after trying for two years. The pregnany ended in mc and I had to have a d&c August 2010 I was told to wait a little before we tried again and I was going to because I was terrified of what might happen... But we fell pregnant again and found out October 2010 without medication and had a healthy 6lb 14oz baby girl in June 2011 full term... God is truly amazing.

With that being said our daugther is now 2 1/2 years old and we started to try for another baby and it has been rough emotionally because its not happening and we would like for it to happen sooner then later.

Went to my OB/Gyn and she prescribed me Provera 10mg for 5 days to induce a period and Clomid 50mg days 5-9 we're going to do three cycles. I am on day two of Provera and just praying for not to many symptoms and lots of baby dust!! Just looking for some success stories and encouragement and maybe a buddy or two :) Don't know what will happen but I just pray that the Lords will be done in this all!!
QMandler214
Friend

Re: 1st Round of Clomid

Postby maddy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:53 pm

Welcome!

I have PCOS also, but havent had any babies yet. I have taken clomid in the past though. Is this your first time taking it?
maddy

Postby QMandler214 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:18 am

Yes this will be my 1st time trying Clomid... Very nerve :/
QMandler214
Friend

Postby Thully_1980 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:45 am

Hi QMandler. I'm on day 2 today of my first round of fertomid (clomid equivalent here in South Africa). I'm taking 50mg, day 2-6.
I'm 33 to turn 34 in April and hubby is 54 and he has children from his ex wife, and I'm yet to have my own....

I'd love to join you on this journey
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby QMandler214 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Hello I finished my last pill on cd 9 and so far everything is fine no side effects or anything except hot flashes that I know of... I am waiting to ovulate I have been using OPKS... hopefully I get a positive soon.. today is CD11. I will BD every other day my doctor told me but Im thinking im going to do everyday!!
QMandler214
Friend

Postby Thully_1980 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:23 am

I'm on CD4 today and AF is gone. I'm on the 3rd pill today. I resumed my temping hobby so that I can know when I O...I hope DH can just not want to BD till around CD10 onwards...coz I don't want to waste the good swimmers so early in my cycle!
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to PCOS Support