PCOS and South Beach Diet?

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

PCOS and South Beach Diet?

Postby slogrande84 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi all. DH and I have been TTC for almost 2 years. Had a m/c 9/13 at only 6 weeks, but nothing other than that. I've read success stories from people with PCOS using the South Beach Diet to get healthy, lose weight, and result in pregnancy. Anyone else out there have any input on this? I'm starting SBD anyway, and am excited to learn it could help with my PCOS, and in turn, with getting pregnant. ~*babydust*~ to all.
slogrande84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: PCOS and South Beach Diet?

Postby catherine1121 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:07 pm

Hello, in 2006 I was diagnosed with pcos. As well as insulin resistance and I was prediabetic. My fasting blood sugar was 125. I was sooo close to diabetes. My cyles were very irregular, I barely even bleed at all. I was over weight. I weighed over 200lbs. My doctor suggested I try the south beach diet. I figured why not. I tried everything else. I bought the book and long story short. I ended up going down to 130lbs. I was placed on metformin, I no longer need it. My fasting blood sugar now is 88. So no more prediabetes, no more insulin resistance. I still maintain my south beach diet. I have kept the weight off. I did 6 cycles of clomid, it caused me to gain a few lbs but I am not worried about it. I am seeing a RE. I have been for over a year now. Still trying to get pregnant. Good luck to you, the south beach diet worked great for me. Just wanted to let you know. I even began ovulating on my own after I lost all my weight.
catherine1121

Re: PCOS and South Beach Diet?

Postby slogrande84 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:28 am

Thanks for the info! Good luck to you too Catherine! Hope you're journey is going well!
slogrande84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to PCOS Support