Has anyone cured their pcos?

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Has anyone cured their pcos?

Postby laomy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:02 am

I did try it for a month. Its basically a multivitamin with a small amount of herbs like vitex that is supposed to help. I did ovulate with it, but using femara and going low carb did far more to help bring my pcos under control...
Me and DH both 33 years old, TTC#1

laomy
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Stampy1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Has anyone here seen an endocrinologist about their PCOS? My mom recommended I see an endocrinologist because most OBGYNs primary care physicians don't know enough about the endocrine system to fully treat the condition. She is pushing for me to get a sonogram of my thyroid. What is normal for you may not fall within the range of what is normal for everyone else. A sonogram of your thyroid can reveal a lot more than a blood test.

My appointment is on Friday. I will let everyone know how it goes.
Stampy1
Friend

Postby redmeetsfood » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:49 pm

I'm also a thin-PCOS. Or maybe I should just say "not overweight" ;) as I don't feel thin. My doc said the underlying cause of my PCOS is insulin resistance. All my labs were in the normal range, except testosterone, so my PCOS was diagnosed based on that and the fact that I don't get periods without medical intervention.

Right now I take Metformin 3 times per day, avoid refined sugar and flour (at least in theory), and do 5 days a week of cardio. This seems to be working in that I've had two periods since I started this routine in January. Hopefully my cycles will regulate soon! Good luck to everyone out there!
31, Married Feb 2014
TTC since March 2014
Diagnosed w/ PCOS Sept 2014
Metformin since Sept 2014
redmeetsfood

Postby manderthegrump » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:03 am

I do think that diet is the main cure, even if you are not overweight. I am severely overweight but changing my diet changed my period and ovulation!
manderthegrump
Friend

Postby Tifflw86 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:24 pm

I had weight loss surgery, and am down 100 pounds. I now have regular periods for the first time in my life :D
Tifflw86
Friend

Postby mothersluv » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:36 pm

I will be honest and say not sure if I cured my pcos. What I do know is that for a month or so not sure when last year I begin to take metformin. Reason being is that I was told by my re that I had pcos when I was ttc in 2010 and I begin telling every dr that needed to know that I pcos. On March 17, 2015 I had an ultrasound given by a new re and she said you don't have pcos you just ovulated I was like what in the Sam heck are you talking bout lady saying that in my head of course lol. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. If you have any questions let me know I will do my best to answer.

Baby Sprinkles to all
mothersluv

Postby Aliciadixon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi everyone, for those suffering from PCOS with symptoms like polycystic ovaries and irregular ovulation, taking western medecins will not help to treat or cure PCOS but help relief the symptoms for a short while and most often cause after effects. From my experience as a PCOS sufferer I Cldnt help it but share the knowledge I have which helped me conceive after years of research funding the cure for PCOS after I was scheduled for ivf which I promised myself I wasn't going to go. I researched and one day came across a chinese herbal store called Dr herbs and booked a consultation with one of their Doctors, to cut the long story short, I was prescribed a Chinese herbal medecines called Tiaojing cuyun wan which is to be taken on the 5th day of ur period for 20 days, that means u have to take four packs each month, a pack cost just about £10, it can also be sold in eBay but I'm not to sure if eBay is good to purchase best to get direct from the doctor, anyways was told to start taking from day five of period for 29 days for the next 3 months to balance hormones and cure cyts etc, one month course is a treatment already but 3 months is recommended for best results, trust me those pills are miracle pills, they worked in two cycles as it targets the root cause of PCOS, balances the endocrine which is one of the reasons most girls or women suffer from polycystic ovaries. It's really good and will recommend everyone tries it as its a natural way of conceiving before Ivf and it works. Tiaojing cuyun wan is the name. I hope this helps someone.
Aliciadixon
Friend

Previous

Return to PCOS Support