doc suspects pcos-help with lab results

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

doc suspects pcos-help with lab results

Postby GodsGrace2012 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:54 am

Hi. I'm hoping you can help me.
I have a regular 26-27 day cycle. My bbt charts always show ovulation, but due to infertility, being overweight, and acne my gyno suspects I have pcos.

my ultrasound was completely normal, and I just got back my cycle day 3 lab results (testosterone lab isn't back yet)
I won't be seeing my dr. for another 2 weeks and I am completely clueless about the results. so I was hoping someone could tell me how they look. thanks.

2 hour fasting glucose tolerance test: Fasting glucose- 101
2 hour glucose- 120
LH- 8.5
FSH- 7.3
Estradiol- 33
Dheas- 222
GodsGrace2012
Friend

Re: doc suspects pcos-help with lab results

Postby vibranthope » Tue May 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Not able to interpret results, just posting as a ttc noob w/lifelong PCOS. Since PCOS is a syndrome it's more like a collection of symptoms than a disease you can test positive/negative for. For me it has been sporadic menstrual irregularity, acne, overweight, and ultrasound revealing my pearls (the nice way of saying lots of icky cysts all over your ovaries). On a superficial level it doesn't "look" to me like you have a compelling case for PCOS, however in truth it's not that simple.

Wait for the doc and/or other posters to interpret all results including testosterone and if you're all clear then has your partner been tested?

Good luck!!!
Me: 32, single but planning to co-parent w/bff who is the "donor"
ttc #1
PCOS since forever, weight loss has helped bring back cycles
horse of a different color :D
vibranthope
Friend

Return to PCOS Support