PCOS and finding a Ob/Gyn

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

PCOS and finding a Ob/Gyn

Postby sweetdemoness87 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:44 pm

I am a little nervous about finding an Ob/Gyn. Looking online now for ones in my area and found a very highly recommended doctor. But because of my anxiety issues I am just kind of freaking a bit. I know that its mostly because of the meeting of new people. The fact that I feel that I am a rather strange person and such. Not sure many doctors like me because of that. They really don't understand my humor.
But anyway has anyone else found this particularly difficult to do? I find myself in a panic already just thinking about calling her office. Hate social anxiety...its a motha effer.
☆Me:27
☆DH:27
☆Ttc #1 for: 8 months
☆I am: a diabetic《type2》 and have PCOS
☆I take: metforman 2000mg, Asprin, prenaital, progesterone

sweetdemoness87

Re: PCOS and finding a Ob/Gyn

Postby Toot221 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:14 pm

Yes the drs office is a terrifying place to someone with anxiety.
My consult wasn't bad at all since I didn't have a pelvic exam or anything just talk and go over all my worries, it was after my 2nd loss so I did cry in front of her which was kind of horrible at the time but turns out it wouldn't be the last time I would cry in front of my Dr.
Make a list of your questions, dont be afraid to switch drs if you don't like yours, if you suspect PCOS ask about blood work or ultrasound to confirm, metformin, Clomid etc. I found the smaller obgyn offices to be a lot less stressful and they seem to take their time talking with me.
We are all a little bit strange so no worries there.
Me 29 DH 32
Married 2-21-07
Ttc since Oct 2012
M/C @ 8wks Feb 2013
M/C @ 6wks Dec 2013 (1st soy cycle)
*Oral Progesterone 200mg start 3dpo
Jan 2014 50mg Clomid BFN
Feb 2014 100mg Clomid BFN
March 2014 Soy Iso., start metformin BFP! Ended as ruptured ectopic @8wks lost left tube. - Chromosome analysis- Normal Baby Girl
Waiting 2 cycles before trying again.
My Ovulation Chart
Toot221
Friend

Postby randapanda » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:22 pm

I find it also nerve racking due to my weight, the results I do and dont want to hear, much less my female exam that I am behind on.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sweetdemoness87 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Yeah I hate hearing that I have to lose weight. I like my body the way it is. I realize that not all obese people are healthy myself included. But not everyone wants to be 130lbs (my "ideal" weight) I am losing the weight for my health and for the health of my future child. But it still ticks me off.

One of my doctors also used to say "your too fat lose weight." I was sooo ticked.

sweetdemoness87

Postby randapanda » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:55 am

Yes I know what you mean. I am trying to workout more and eat better but its so hard lol.
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sweetdemoness87 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Called a ob/gyn this morning. Have an appointment on the 8th. Pretty nervous about it. Just trying to do as much research into pcos as possible so I don't seem dumb.
I decided that it would be best to put a pause on the ttc stuff just until we know for sure that it's safe and to give us more time to get healthy and lose weight. Also to give me more time to chart my ovulation. Only started last month after my period. All that kinda sucks but its probably for the best.

sweetdemoness87

Return to PCOS Support