prescribed progesterone. side effects?

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

prescribed progesterone. side effects?

Postby sweetdemoness87 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:35 pm

So went to the OB/GYN today and she gave me 200mgs of progesterone. I have no idea what to expect here. I have major depression. So I am a bit worried about the side effects for me. If any of you lovely ladies have taken this can you let me know what side effects you went through. I am starting tomorrow them tomorrow and am wondering what may happen.
☆Me:27
☆DH:27
☆Ttc #1 for: 8 months
☆I am: a diabetic《type2》 and have PCOS
☆I take: metforman 2000mg, Asprin, prenaital, progesterone

sweetdemoness87

Re: prescribed progesterone. side effects?

Postby Erinrae2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:14 pm

I've taken progesterone for 2 weeks and then 8 weeks straight. Only thing I noticed is that I was more tired and actually slept better (I'm a bad sleeper). My temps were a bit higher...u might notice if u bbt. TMI alert!! If its a suppository my fav time to take it was between 6-7 pm that way it was all gone by bed and I wouldn't wake up to a mini flood halfway thru the night.

No neg side effects at all for me...more of a relaxing hormone:)
TTC #1 since July 201
Me 32, DH 28

Apr'14 - Femara and 1st IUI - May 5/14 - BFP!
May 5 14dpiui - 179 hsg!
May 7 16dpiui - 453 hsg!
May 15 24dpiui - 8366 hcg!
Finally done betas whew!!
Erinrae2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: prescribed progesterone. side effects?

Postby sweetdemoness87 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:54 pm

*Symptoms from Progesterone*
So I am done taking my first month of Progesterone as of yesterday. I know that everyone is different when it comes down to symptoms. But these are mine.

~sore SORE breasts.
~Breasts feel heavy and larger (which really sucks because mine are already DD so....)
~nipples are always sticking out (Tmi i know. But damn its annoying and embarrassing)
~darkened areolas
~The occasional extremely painful cramp.
~moodiness like PMS (warn your partner seriously!)
~nausea
~slight fatigue

All and all I noticed that you feel pregnant. A lot of ladies seem to feel this way.
Also...Since I do have a deficiency of that hormone I noticed while on it I feel more...i guess feminine. This may sound really dumb. But I clean more then I really ever have. I know that is a stereotype that the wife is supposed to clean house and such. I think that this has balanced my body and me emotionally. Usually I am to depressed to clean or do the house hold duties (I am a stay at home wife so..) And now I feel much better. And just randomly get up and clean or organize. So YAY to that!

Also for the ladies with the facial hair growth issue. This actually seems to help. I plucked my eyebrows the week I started it. I was on a 12 day thing. Usually I have to pluck my eyebrows, upper lip, side burns, under my chin, like 3 time a week. And now 12 days later the hair that has grown back is finer, and lighter. SO AWESOME! I am looking forward to not having to do my lady scapeing 3 or 4 times a week.

Hope this helps anyone getting on progesterone or on it. I was taking the pill (not suppository or shots)
☆Me:27
☆DH:27
☆Ttc #1 for: 8 months
☆I am: a diabetic《type2》 and have PCOS
☆I take: metforman 2000mg, Asprin, prenaital, progesterone

sweetdemoness87

Return to PCOS Support