Comparing PCOS Stories

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Comparing PCOS Stories

Postby OCD2ww » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Ladies,

I have PCOS, but I don't really know much about it. I understand what it is, but I wasn't aware until coming on this forum that there were varying levels of it.

I was diagnosed in January 2011. I hadn't had regular periods really ever, but after some prover and regular clomid and metformin things straightened out. Anyway, after some meds and casual trying (no charting, just the meds), we conceived in May and had our son in Feb 2012.

Flash forward, I'm now 32 and paying WAY more attention to my cycle. I went to the doc in April, and still haven't conceived. I'm kind of stunned, actually. I know that's not exceptionally long by any means, but I thought it might be faster since I'm actually timing it better now.

So here are some general questions: What does the severity of PCOS mean? Like, I've seen people on here say that they have PCOS severely or that they have a mild case. I've also seen people talk about cysts. I know that's the basic idea of the condition, but I've never like . . .felt any or seen any on some kind of medical test. Also, have any of you with PCOS had it increase or decrease in severity over the years? Finally, have any of you on PCOS had something extreme done in order to try to conceive, like maybe some procedure of any sorts?

Looking forward to hearing your responses!

Joann
Me: 32 years old DH: 37 years old
DS: Born Feb. 6, 2012
TTC #2: No BC since March 2013, seriously trying since April 2014.
I have PCOS. I'm taking Metformin 1000g/day & Clomid 100g/day (on CD 1-5)
Cycles: 28-29 days
OCD2ww
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to PCOS Support