Newly diagnosed, TTC #1

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Newly diagnosed, TTC #1

Postby bluenoser » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:15 pm

Unless you had actual AF bleeding I wouldn't count that as AF. It was likely old blood making its way out. I've had the same thing happen.

I'm currently on cd34 with no sign of AF and bfn. AF is a tricky thing. I'm hoping she shows soon.

PS: yes, I'm still TTC. My post before about not trying anymore was due to a rather stressful few weeks and me over reacting.
Me: 36
DH: 34
Stepdaughter: 11
Stepson: 9

dreamingoftwopinklines.blogspot.ca
bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:12 am

Babydust, I would not count it as AF.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby babydust530 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:35 am

Bluenoser, I'm glad you are ttc again! :) It's just so confusing when you have irregular cycles. Ovagraph detected that I ovulated during the time I had the spotting, but I don't understand why because its not like my temps have shot up and remained elevated. Now, I'm wondering if maybe I was experiencing ovulation spotting. But for 6 days? Seems a little long to me to have ovulation spotting. This Saturday would be 14days post ovulation (if ovagraph detected it right), so we'll see what happens. Any updates from you ladies?
Me: 32
DH: 32
Our little girl is 17-months old (born Oct. 2015)
BFP on 4/5/17 (est. due date 12/18/17)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 am

Bluenoser, I totally missed that you are still ttc! Yay! We all have moments like that and I hope you're feeling better!

Babydust, I feel ya on the long cycle thing. It's so unpredictable you never know when to test for anything and if what your body is doing is a sign for something or just your body doing whatever it is that it does. I hope you get answers one way or another soon. Guessing is the pits.

I'm cd 44 and counting. This is my first natural cycle on metformin and a thyroid med. I'm not sure how long I should go before contacting my doctor. Technically I should have been on bc for this cycle but I didn't want to and I'm afraid my doc will be mad at me. The first time I ever saw him was in aug when he prescribed all these meds and maybe I was just in shock with all the info he threw at me but he came off as kinda a jerk.

Hope all is well with everyone else!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby babydust530 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:01 pm

alwaysherebefore, I can completely relate to the whole doctor situation. I don't know why, I get so intimidated talking to my doctor. I feel like he is so quick to give interventions and ideas, and I don't typically speak up about my concerns. I'm really trying to work on this. I thought about getting a second opinion, but he's a nice guy-I just think I need to do a better job of advocating for myself.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:06 pm

It is hard with some docs though because they don't want ppl second guessing them! When my doc told me I needed to do 2 months of bc I told him I wasn't into that. He tris to convince me and I wasn't budging. I asked what would happen if I didn't (all he was tell me is why I should) and all he answered was because it would put us behind schedule. Who's schedule? I'm hoping I caught him on a bad day or mis read him as he comes highly recommended. And at an hour and a half away he's literally the closest doctor/birthing hospital so my options are pretty limited!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Started spotting, I'm sure AF will be in full swing tomorrow. So far my shortest cycle since starting ttc. I hope that means the meds are working!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bluenoser » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:26 pm

CD36 and aside from slightly sensitive nipples no sign of AF. The last 2 months I've had full blown PMS. Not this month. I've got nothing happening. I'm testing on Friday, but I suspect it'll be another bfn. By that point I'll be cd38, how much longer do I wait, and how many more bfns, before I call my Dr? Gah. This is frustrating and confusing.

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:25 am

That's great about the spotting...I hope its followed by AF. What medication are you referring to? I got a BFN this morning...which I figured was going to happen, since my bbt chart didn't look promising. I tested because my nipples have been a bit sore and I noticed somewhat enlarged bumps on my areola. I also had a negative OPK this morning. I'm hoping the symptoms I'm feeling are at least a sign that the ferilAid is doing something. It's just so frustrating with this cycle I don't know if I should be looking for signs of ovulation, AF, or early pregnancy...lol. If I had to guess I think I had another anovulatory cycle.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:44 pm

At least all of us are in the same boat never knowing what to expect! Haha so annoying.

Bluenoser, it sounds awful but I'd wait til 60 days before calling the doc. Waiting sucks but such is the life of those with pcos.

Babydust, I hope what your body is doing means the fertilAide is working. That would be great! I got so annoyed with my body I stopped looking for signs of anything.

The meds I'm on are a thyroid med and metformin. And yes, he spotting was/is AF. So yay for that! Seriously. Lol. I'm going to attempt opks this time. I know with pcos they aren't always accurate but it can't hurt to try.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bluenoser » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:59 pm

I don't know that I'll wait quite that long. But if no AF and still bfns closer to cd50 I'll call the doc.

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bluenoser » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:46 am

Cd41, 13dpo. Still no sign of AF.
We only bd'd once around O time (dh was sick) so I'm not hopeful but I have to test soon or there is a good chance I'll explode!

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Bluenoser, how's it going? Are your dpo calculated on temps or OPKs? Have you tested yet?
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bluenoser » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Cd42, no sign of AF. Tested yesterday and again this morning, both bfns.
I'm not charting, temping or using opks. However, if AF ever returns I'm going to start using opks. I have an ap on my phone where I track my cycles and it gives me an approximate O date. However, I have a feeling I'm not Oing when it says I am. So, once AF comes back I'm going to give opks a shot.

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Yay for life with pcos! The apps predictions mean nothing! I feel ya though. The long cycles sucks and the inability to know what your body is or isn't ding is so frustrating.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

PreviousNext

Return to PCOS Support