Newly diagnosed, TTC #1

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Newly diagnosed, TTC #1

Postby bluenoser » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:51 pm

I guess I naively thought that with keeping an eye on my cycle start date and with taking clomid on certain days I might O at a relatively normal point in my cycle. Nope. Stupid pcos. My Dr even advised to BD every other day starting cd10 to catch my O; even he thinks I should be Oing at a normal time.

So yeah, its safe to say, I think, that I'm not Oing when I think I am. If AF ever shows up I'm going to figure out how to use opks for that cycle. I'm also considering going to a natural fertility clinic (acupuncture etc); I've heard amazing things about them, and since its covered I may as well go talk to them at least.
Me: 36
DH: 34
Stepdaughter: 11
Stepson: 9

dreamingoftwopinklines.blogspot.ca
bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby babydust530 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:36 am

That's great that natural fertility clinic is covered under your insurance. My insurance covers acupuncture, but doesn't cover any fertility treatments (IUI, IVF, etc...).
I'm currently on CD40 (If I don't count that week of spotting as AF). Same frustration as you ladies...no positive OPK, not positive pregnancy test, no sign of AF. It's so frustrating! This Friday is going on 2 weeks that I started using FertilAid- although I feel some changes; breast a bit tender, cramping, I still have not ovulated. I've been testing with Wondfo cheapies and the test line has looked pretty dark for the past few days but never as dark or darker than the control line.
I have a follow up appointment with my doctor in the beginning of December. He's planning to do another ultrasound and blood test to see if I have PCOS or not.

Bluenose, I've been doing acupuncture for a few years (I use to do it for back problems, and the past year he has been doing fertility points). The past few months I haven't been consistent about going, because my schedule is so busy. I can say that although acupuncture didn't help regulate my cycles, it did help relax me and reduce anxiety. I've heard acupuncture work wonders for other women's fertility issues. It's def worth a try.
Me: 32
DH: 32
Our little girl is 17-months old (born Oct. 2015)
BFP on 4/5/17 (est. due date 12/18/17)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluenoser » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:31 am

This particular clinic has helped many women who hav been TTC for years. A lady dh works with went after TTC unsuccessfully for 3 years and got pg after only a few treatments. I'm now at cd45 with no sign of AF so I figure its worth a shot.

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bluenoser » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi all! Long time no see! The past few months have been hectic: we've moved, dealt with two deaths in his family, Christmas.... It's been crazy.

Long story short I'm still not pg. I was at my Dr's today, he's stumped as to why. My period came in Sept and Oct but never came back in Nov. So he's given me provera again and said I'll now need an HSG. I've done a bit of reading and it seems after the HSG many women have success conceiving, so fingers crossed!

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Hey! Sorry to hear things have been so crazy for you! Condolences for your losses! At least it's a fresh new year now! Do you have your hsg scheduled yet?

No news here either, just finished AF (which came thanks to provera). I'm clearly not ovulating with such cycles and I'm ready to tell my doc it's time get serious. He's been telling my to be patient but my patience has run out. I feel like the metformin has done nothing for me. I've seen no changes and it's been 5 months now. I finally told DH how crazy frusterated I am and I think he's on board with moving on with treatment.

I hope we can both get some good news this year!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Sms842 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this forum and I've been TTC for several months. I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago and stopped taking BC in June. After not getting AF for two months doctor put me on provera and Clomid. I start round two tomorrow of clomid. I'm trying to remain optimistic and hopeful. My biggest issue has been seeing or hearing about other women who have conceived around me. I just found out my sister is pregnant with her second and she has gotten pregnant quickly both times. It's very difficult for me to deal with even though I am thrilled for her. What do you guys do to stay positive, calm and not stress. That's my biggest challenge. Any advice is welcomed,it's nice to find others who know what this is like.
:| Me: 31 (Stephanie)
DH: 36
PCOS/APS
DS: Kevin Joshua born 7/22/2016

TTC #2
BFP: 8/4/17 - CP
BFP: 9/14/17 - CP

Cycle w/ Letrozole:
#1: 11/14/17

My Ovulation Chart
Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:55 pm

Welcome! Tht had been the toughest thing for me too...watching all of my close friends get pregnant around me. What I've found helps and allowing myself to have a pity party when I'm feeing down, and then allowing myself to move on and do something positive. I talk to DH, to the women on this site, I've even spoken to a infertility counselor. It helps to get it out. I also try to spend more time w my friends that don't have kids and remind myself of the positive parts of not having a child yet: more money, more freedom, traveling, staying out late, sleeping in. I hope this second cycle of clomid does the trick for you. Best of luck!!
Me: 32
DH: 32
Our little girl is 17-months old (born Oct. 2015)
BFP on 4/5/17 (est. due date 12/18/17)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluenoser » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:11 pm

Well, wasn't able to have the HSG this month. It has to be done within 3 days of the end of my period. Of course the hospital only does them on Mondays, so the timing didn't work out with the end of my period.

Either way I'm currently in the midst of my most fertile days (according to fertility friend) so I'm hoping this cycle may work. We shall see!

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Sms842 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks babydust, I'm finding it nice to know that there are others out there that I can relate to and know I'm not alone. That's been the toughest, not really having anyone to talk to who understands. I'm trying to stay positive the best I can. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
:| Me: 31 (Stephanie)
DH: 36
PCOS/APS
DS: Kevin Joshua born 7/22/2016

TTC #2
BFP: 8/4/17 - CP
BFP: 9/14/17 - CP

Cycle w/ Letrozole:
#1: 11/14/17

My Ovulation Chart
Sms842
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluenoser » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:01 am

Alwaysherebefore, I feel the same way. I've been on Met since August and see/feel no change. I was told I'd lose weight and it would help regulate my cycle. My cycle is still out of whack and I've gained weight despite having changed my eating habits. I don't know if Met just doesn't work for me or if I'm nor taking enough of it. Either way, I'm super frustrated too.

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Bluenoser, I feel your frustration. How much met are you on again? I'll bet it just isn't working for us. Is your dr requiring the hsg before moving on with treatment? It makes sense but also super sucks if it needs to be done at a certain time and they only offer it Mondays. How are you supposed to be sure that lines up perfectly? Yeesh.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bluenoser » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:38 am

I'm prescribed 1000mg/day. However, I just started taking an extra 500mg/day. I never recommend changing dosages without first speaking to your doctor, however I wanted to see if a bit extra would help.

Yeah he's holding off on further treatment until the HSG is done. And with my cycle and the Mondays thing who knows how long that could take. Months? So, in the meantime I'm seeking help from a natural medicine/acupuncture clinic. I really like my doctor but I can't do nothing for what could be months while I wait for the HSG. So I go on the 6th to see what they say.

This waiting game is getting old, and I'm getting more frustrated.

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:38 pm

So you're up to 1500mg now? That seems pretty standard. I'm at a weird number like 1700 something.

Waiting sucks. I think that's the downfall to national healthcare. You're wise to be working with natural medicine though! I've been wanting to see a naturopath but the closest one is an hour and a half drives away so I haven't committed yet. I hope you aren't waiting much longer and that your next cycle works with the clinic to get the hsg.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby bluenoser » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Yeah I'm up to 1500mg now. Going to see if the increase makes any difference.

My ob/gyn is over an hour away. My last appointment I drove down only for the whole thing to take 3mins, long enough for him to tell me I need an HSG. Thankfully my regular doctor is 10mins away, and the natural clinic is 20mins.

Waiting sucks for sure. Hopefully none of us have to wait too long!

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:27 pm

My on/gym is also about an hour and a half away so I feel Ya. You feel like you've wasted a full day for nothing! The last time I went to my dr he just said, looks good, be patient. I am being patient! Help me out here!! Haha

I hope the net increase helps you!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

PreviousNext

Return to PCOS Support