Midwife thinks I may have PCOS but I have regular cycle

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Midwife thinks I may have PCOS but I have regular cycle

Postby mom2bret » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:30 am

We have been TTC for 19 cycles now and our insurance doesn't cover fertility but my doctor sent me to a Midwife who is partnered with a OB/GYN. I have been charting my BBT for 9 cycles and they have been regular and shows ovulation every cycle (low BBT temps after O but the rise is there and it stays above coverline just not very high). The midwife says she is pretty sure I will turn out to have PCOS. She has me scheduled next Monday for a ultrasound and I am to have blood tests tomorrow. But I can't figure out why she thinks PCOS. I am overweight but no extra hair growth, no discolored skin, no acne not sure what she is seeing that is pointing at PCOS. Anyone been diagnosed and have regular cycles? If so what treatment would they use? Since I show ovulation would clomid do anything or not? Metformin? I just have no ideas.

Thanks for any information.
mom2bret
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Midwife thinks I may have PCOS but I have regular cycle

Postby Rhondalynn77 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:22 am

see if they can check your insulin levels (not your blood glucose, but insulin) I am insulin resistant and have been on metformin since may. I had pretty regular cycles, but i ovulated between cd 19 and cd24. after being on the met, i ovulate cd 15 regularly.
Me: 37, Rhonda
DH: 38, Brian
DS: 6, Elijah
:angel: early m/c May 23, '14
BFP: Feb 9, 2014 :angel: m/c Ap '14
:angel: early m/c 2/12
TTC since June '13

PCOS 1500mg Met. Male Factor: 1% Morph prob due to type 1 diabetes

Nov 4 100mg Clomid (1 egg)-BFN
Dec 14 100mg Clo (1) and IUI-BFN
Jan 15 100mg Clo (1) and IUI- BFN
Feb 15 150mg Clo (2) and IUI- BFN
March 15 delay:cyst. Bravelle (FSH) Inj Cancelled: Cyst
April 15-Natural: BFP!!!
TEAM PINK!!

"Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5&6

Rhondalynn77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nolalady84 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:06 am

Hi ladies, I have not been diagnosed with it yet but small cyst were found on both ovaries the right ovary was larger...the tech said they resemble chocolate chips not the pearl strand you typically hear with PCOS. I too have regular 31 day cycles, over all healthy 5'4, 126lbs, eat fresh produce on a daily bases. 30 yr DH 32 sperm are perfect! No acne or hair growth. Im really wondering if this is PCOS or Endo...wondering how your test turned out?
nolalady84
Friend

Postby mom2bret » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:40 am

My ultrasound came back showing no cysts. Everything looked fine according to her. My blood tests all came back good, 3day FSH was only a 6 so that made me feel good. I have no signs of diabetes, and insulin level was fine, cholesterol was normal and TSH was normal, TSH was high normal so the put me on synthroid to bring it down.

She found nothing wrong that showed infertility. i finally talked DH into getting a SA done but the day of the appointment the doctor called and had to cancel.

The one thing that concerns me is the cycle day I had my ultrsound done was day 7 and my body shouldn't have picked a dominate follicle yet but the ultrasound only showed follicles in my right ovary and none in my left.
mom2bret
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to PCOS Support