Please advise-PCOS, Clomid, Overian Cyst & IUI

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Please advise-PCOS, Clomid, Overian Cyst & IUI

Postby aspasia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:12 am

Hi everyone,

it's been a while since i last wrote and many new things have come up my way and i really need your help :)

As i have written in other posts i have PCOS and we have been trying now for 1 1/2 years for a bundle of joy but so far nothing :(
We decided with my OB to try Clomid because my cycles were all over the place with late ovulation's and BFN. The first cycle with Clomid was last month and everything went perfect with me ovulating on CD15, unfortunately once again a BFN, but my new cycle started normally on CD28 which was promising.
This month though, my second round of clomid, i had my scan on CD12 and the OB told me that i have an overian cyst and therefore would more likely not ovulate :(
He advised to leave this month out, wait until next cycle to scan again and check if the cyst is gone, but even if it's gone he want's to leave next cycle without Clomid.
He said that i will still have Clomid in my system to assist me in ovulating and we are going to try IUI for the first time, if it doesn't work then i take Clomid again.
So far I'm on CD26 with no ovulation and no AF in sight and my question for you is how long do you think this cycle is going to be since i didn't ovulate, do you think the IUI will work without Clomid to regulate my cycle (even though OB said i still have it in my system) and shouldn't we do a Huhner's test before the first IUI?

Thank you all for your time and sorry for the long post, i really appreciate your responses :D
aspasia
Friend

Re: Please advise-PCOS, Clomid, Overian Cyst & IUI

Postby aspasia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:03 am

Hi,

anyone there with some feed back??

Thank you

Aspa
aspasia
Friend

Re: Please advise-PCOS, Clomid, Overian Cyst & IUI

Postby Hope84 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:53 am

Hi--I just did my first IUI, and I have PCOS too.

I'm not sure why your doctor said the Clomid will still be in your system. MY RE told me if it didn't work this month with the IUI, I'd have to wait until I get my AF, then they would do an ultrasound on Day 2 or 3 to make sure I didn't have any cysts and everything looked good, and if it did, then I would take Clomid again days 4-9. Taking Clomid doesn't mean you will necessarily ovulate. It just produces egg producing follicles. My RE gave me a trigger injection to make sure that once the follicles are grown to the right size, they release the egg and they could time the IUI. This is all pretty standard procedure that almost ALL fertility doctors follow, so I would ask the doctor more questions on the process and what they will be doing to monitor ur follicle and ovulation release to help with IUI. Hope this helps!! Good luck!
Diagnosis: PCOS
TTC: 1 year
3 Failed IUIs
Hope84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to PCOS Support