Tumor?!

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Tumor?!

Postby Spirefly » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:31 am

I had an ultrasound this morning at my gynecologist to see what might be causing me so much pain and cramping...and they found a 7.5cm mysterious tumor attached to my ovary. The doctor said she thinks it might be a teratoma, but she's really not sure. They won't really know what it is until after surgery. Yep, they're going to cut it out. :( I'm so scared and stressed out now. I burst into tears in the office, then cried the whole way home.

Has anyone else had a teratoma or dermoid on their ovary? What was your experience?

(On the bright side, my ovaries looked pretty good, just a few small cysts that she isn't worried about.)
Spirefly
Friend

Re: Tumor?!

Postby liz2012 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:16 pm

hi spirefly,

i just wanted to write to (hopefully) lessen your stress. i had a dermoid cyst about 5 years ago that i had to have surgically removed and i'd heard awful stories from a coworker about how painful it was so was beyond nervous. just wanted to let you know was that my experience was quite easy. i had the surgery on a friday and thought that i'd need to take part of the following week off from work, but really never had too much discomfort. i took the pain medication for maybe 2 or 3 days and then didn't really need it anymore. was totally ready to go back to work on monday.

and from what i heard it shouldn't effect fertility at all. good luck - just wanted you to know that my procedure really wasn't painful and didn't involve a long recovery. you'll be good as new in no time!
liz2012
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Tumor?!

Postby Spirefly » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:11 am

Thank you for the encouraging reply. I'm starting to feel better about the whole thing after reading stories from people who have gone through this before. I hope my doctor can save my ovaries and that the surgery wI'll be routine. :)
Spirefly
Friend

Return to PCOS Support