pcos, on metformin, and ovarian drilling

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

pcos, on metformin, and ovarian drilling

Postby Julie_sky » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi all, so we have been trying to conceive for a long time now, in 2009 I was diagnosed with pcos, beginning of this year I was put on 1500 mg of metformin a day, but no luck. On Monday November 3 I went in for ovarian drilling. I was wondering if anyone has had luck with met and OD, how long till I should ovulate, should I start buying ovulation tests now? And how long did it take you to get a BFP? Thanks.
Julie_sky
Friend

Re: pcos, on metformin, and ovarian drilling

Postby CSTG » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:44 am

Hey :)

I've only just started taking met myself after 3 years ttc so unfortunately I dont have a success story for you yet but fingers crossed we will both have one soon
CSTG
Friend

Postby bluenoser » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:24 pm

I'm on 1000mg/day met. I've only been on it for a few months. The only thing I've noticed is it has helped regulate my cycles.
Me: 36
DH: 34
Stepdaughter: 11
Stepson: 9

dreamingoftwopinklines.blogspot.ca
bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby CSTG » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:23 am

Hi bluenoser

Hopefully it'll kick in properly soon and give you that all important +. I'm doubling my dose as of today - I was on 500mg a day to begin with as doctor was taking about it making you have a bit of a funny tummy so she said she'll start me off lightly lol. However I've now forgotten whether she said to take 1 tab 2x daily or both tabs together?!? Can anyone please let me know how you take it? I have irregular cycles too but for the last 6 months they've been following a pattern so I expected af yesterday or the day before but she didn't show up so I guess the cycle pattern has disappeared haha! I'm definitely feeling menstrual cramps though so unfortunately I haven't been really lucky this month :(

Good Luck to everyone who is currently waiting :) baby dust to you all
CSTG
Friend

Postby bluenoser » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:20 am

I take mine twice a day: one with breakfast the other at supper.

I keep waiting for other signs that the met is working, but so far nothing that I've noticed. Doc mentioned I'd lose weight while on it. So far I've gained! lol

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby CSTG » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:20 am

Oh no! Don't tell me that lol! I was hoping to drop a bit as well - to be honest I'm not really overweight but could lose a few pounds for my trousers to be a bit more comfortable!! My doctor told me if I lost about half a stone my periods would probably become more normal - good job I'm not easily offended as I'm only a size 10 sometimes even an 8!!! Also when I was a definite 8 it was the same so I really don't believe that!

Fingers crossed for the both of us!! I'm REALLY hoping we get our good news soon
CSTG
Friend

Postby bluenoser » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:44 am

Oh, I'm definitely over weight which isn't helping. I doubt its the met that made me gain. The past month has been stressful so I'm sure that's what it is. Maybe the met helped me not gain as much as I would have had I not been on it.

bluenoser
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to PCOS Support