Metformin

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Metformin

Postby kflores31 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:58 am

I hope your ultrasound goes well today!!! Maybe a hearbeat?? Let me know!

I did have a good Easter hope you did too!

I'm 16dpo today, still no AF. But my temp seems to be going down a bit so hopefully I'll start AF soon. I filled my prescription for Clomid so I am ready to go come CD3! Do you know the stats on typical ovulation day when taking Clomid? My doctor told me 5 days after taking the last pill I should ovulate so that would be CD12. What has your experiences been with Clomid?
Me: 25 | DH: 26
Nov 2014: Dx PCOS
Jan 2015: 1500mg Metformin
6/14/15: BFP :)

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:37 pm

I'm glad you had a good Easter!

I can't wait till you can start clomid! For my I took it days 5-9 and ovulated on cd 21 and 23 so 12 and 14 days after the last pill. If you ovulate later than 5 days after its totally normal!

I saw a little gestational sack and yolk sack (I think) in my ultrasound. Hoping to see a fetal pole and maybe heartbeat next time!
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kflores31 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:44 am

AF showed this morning for me! Finally! That was one long luteal phase! I'm still a little undecided on Clomid, I keep going back and forth. This is just my second cycle on Metformin and its apparently working for me. I'd hate to take another drug (so to speak) and have it mess up what my body is already trying to do on its own. I have a few more days to decide, but as for now i'm still undecided.

I'm happy to hear your ultrasound went well! My friend wasn't able to see fetal pole and heartbeat until she was 6+ weeks. I hope this baby sticks for you! I'm sure once you make it past your MC point from last time, it will be a relief!

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:25 am

I'm glad you're relieved that AF has shown up. Clomid is tricky. My doctor doesn't think it had any effect on my pregnancy because it was so late after I took the last pill. He says I probably ovulated on my own, which is crazy to believe! So who knows if clomid ever did work for me. I'm glad you're not giving up yet though! What round will this be of clomid for you, and how many mg are you on now?

I had a mc at what I believe to be exactly 6 weeks last time and I am now 5 weeks 5-6 days so just a couple more days and I've made it past the last time. :) I'm still a nervous wreck but I've gotten a little better.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kflores31 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:52 am

Well I'm still undecided if i'm going to take the Clomid or not, but this would be my first time taking it. They are 50mg. The doctor wanted me to be on 3 months of the Metformin to see if that worked for me before prescribing the Clomid. When I went to see her at the 3 month mark, I told her that I already one cycle since taking the Metformin and was going to ovulate again soon for the second cycle. So I was a little surprised that she still wanted me to take the Clomid since the Metformin was obviously working for me.

The only reason I am undecided is because this AF marks my second real cycle since taking Metformin. The first month I ovulated cd 50 I think, but this cycle I ovulated on cd21 and gave me a 37 day cycle. I'm really curious to see how my next cycle goes on Metformin and if I ovulate even earlier this next time. I just don't want to take another drug per say, and have it mess up what my body is just trying to get in the hang of doing. So, I may wait a few more cycles to try it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that this baby sticks!

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:48 pm

I understand your thinking. If something is working for you, why change it and add another drug... If Metformin really is working I don't see the harm in holding off on taking Clomid. It's your decision not your doctors. I guess I'm kind of the opposite of you though. I wanted any drug they would give me to ensure I'd get pregnant and stay pregnant. I took Clomid and Metformin and my doctor just gave me the ok to stop Metformin. I'm a little nervous to stop taking it but I'll trust whatever he says and hope for the best. Let me know what you decide to do. Either way I hope you'll get your BFP very soon!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kflores31 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 am

Good luck on going off of Metformin. I would be nervous too. I heard its best to wait until 1st Tri is over before weining off of it. But every doctor is different I guess. I decided to not take Clomid this cycle and just continue with my Merformin and hope that I O somewhat normal this time! Hope everything is progressing well for you! I'll keep you updated when I O!

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:32 pm

Can't wait to see when you ovulate this month!
I'm hoping the metformin won't be a huge deal because I don't have pcos or insulin resistance. My next appointment isn't until May 21st and it feels so far away! :( anyway, I really hope the metformin alone will help you ovulate!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kflores31 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:55 am

Hi Jzscott, how is everything going with your pregnancy?? I hope all is well!
I think I finally ovualted again! For the first time in my last three cycles on Metformin, I had ewcm and positive OPKs!! I cannot tell you how over the moon excited I was to see ewcm and the positive opk. I actually had two days of positive opks and I think I ovulated on the second day and my temp rose today and I have senstitive nipples. We BD the day before ovulation (if it is when I think it is, FF hasn't confirmed yet) and then the day before that. Hoping and praying that the sperm meets the egg and is a sticky bean!!!

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Thu May 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Wow that's so great!! It definitely sounds like you ovulated with the sore nipples afterwards! That's exactly what happened for me! I really hope you've caught the egg. Keep me posted on what's happening through your dpo! :)

Preganncy is stressful! I worry ALL THE TIME that something is going to go wrong and I'm going to miscarry again. I have hardly any pregnancy symptoms and it's been this way since day one and that worries me. I actually went to the er the other night because I was cramping so bad and lost my only prominent symptom, sore boobs. I freaked out and was bawling my eyes out thinking that the baby had died. So my husband took me to the er and we were able to see the baby and heartbeat. It was very reassuring! I just can't wait to get past these 7 months and have a healthy baby!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kflores31 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:42 am

Thanks! I'm really hopeful this cycle considering its the first time i've ever seen ewcm and I had two positive opks and the sore nipples and creamy cm after O. FF confirmed O today, so I am officially 3dpo! Bring on (hopefully my last) two week wait :) i'll keep you updated!

I'm sure pregnancy is stressful, especially since you've had a miscarriage before. If it makes you feel any better, my friend who is now 21 weeks felt absolutely NO symptoms till she started feeling the baby kick and move around! And she's so tiny she just started to show a couple weeks ago. How far along are you now???

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Sun May 10, 2015 7:34 pm

When do you plan to test! I hope this is it! It'll be nice to see you on the preg boards!

I'm 9 weeks 2 days today. I'll be happy to make it out of the first trimester.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kflores31 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:10 am

Hi Jzscott! Well that cycle ending with AF showing up :( super bummed, but onto the next cycle. I've decided to take Clomid this time and I have a question for you. I'm unsure as to what day to count as CD1. I had been spotting pretty heavy for the last few days and then last night around 6-7pm, AF showed full force, awful cramps, bright red heavy flow, ect. But do I count yesterday as CD1 even though it didn't start till late at night? Or would I count today as CD1?

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to PCOS Support