pcos - TTC #1 - irregular cycle

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

pcos - TTC #1 - irregular cycle

Postby char_ox » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:16 am

Hello, i have pcos and my cycles vary, my last two cycles were 33days and my last period was 11th September.
I have missed 2 periods so far and currently on CD 76 and 42 days late.

CD39 - SLIGHT PINK WHEN WIPING ONLY HAPPENED TWICE ( usually I spot loads on a off cycle )
CD41 - took 99p store pregnancy test = BFN
CD44 - woke up in early hours to wee
( this happened in my last two cycles for about a week before AF showed )
CD47 - took same brand pregnancy test = BFN
CD57 - tested again - BFN

-- I have had no kind of symptom of AF, some mild cramping and bloating thats on and off.
I have a doctors appointment on 2nd December and ordered a different brand of test so I will be testing again soon...
THIS IS SOOOOO FRUSTRATING.
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: pcos - TTC #1 - irregular cycle

Postby babydust530 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:00 am

I hear your frustration. I'm currently on CD50 (something) lost count. I have not been officially diagnosed with PCOS, but think it may be going that direction. I also have an appointment with my doctor on December 2nd to run more tests and discuss next options- doctor mentioned provera to induce AF and clomid to assist with ovulation.
I've also been taking FertilAid for the past 3 weeks to see if it would help regulate my cycles, but no luck yet.
Have you tried anything to help regulate your cycles?- fertilaid, clomid, provera, etc?
Me: 32
DH: 32
Our little girl is 17-months old (born Oct. 2015)
BFP on 4/5/17 (est. due date 12/18/17)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:40 am

How many days are in your cycles roughly? Iv not been 'officially' diognosed with PCOS either.. I had the "perfect" 28 day cycle until I was 16 (I'm 21 now) and weight gain caused everything to wack out...
I went 6months without a period, then extremely heavy periods and then all the spotting between periods started. I have unwanted hair, thinning of my head hair ( I have loads of hair, bottom of my back leghth but falls out so easily )
I have had one scan when I was 17 I think and they said everything looked normal. I have delayed it ever since, maybe to scared of what's wrong in side lol.
I have never taken anything along them lines but I'm hoping to be soon after my doctors appointment or at least soon!!
I have tried Angus castus before... Although I have never charted or known if and when I ovulate it did help shorten my cycle but some cycles was 25days then 40days the next...
Have you taken any tests recently?
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust530 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:48 am

Today is CD53. I did have 6 days of spotting about 30 days ago (but I'm not considering that the start of a new cycle). The only medication that has been prescribed to me is provera back in August to induce AF (it worked), but after a couple of months I went back to no AF. Based on charting and taking OPKs it seems that I haven't been ovulating. As a matter of fact I don't think I've ovulated at all since coming off of birth control pill January 2014.
I had an ultrasound and blood test done over the summer. The ultrasound came back normal (reason my doctor doesn't think its PCOS), but blood work showed elevated testosterone (reason I still think it could be PCOS). I think my doctor wants to do another ultrasound and blood work to see if there have been any changes, and discuss our next steps (possibility clomid).
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:14 am

Its so frustrating isnt it!?! I think you count it ad AF when its a flow, usually when I miss a period like this I spot loads on and off, but iv not had a thing since CD39 which was slight pink on tissue which happened twice, in space of an hour... Nothing since - slight cramps randomly but no AF :(
I hope your tests come back OK, I'm dreading mine but I'm glad to be on the road to finally sorting this.. Or at least control it.. I'm planning to test again at the weekend.. Just in case lol :)
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby char_ox » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:21 am

Just an update..
Tested again today (even tho its not first morning urine) if that even matters?
Was BFN... On a early detection test sensative 10mIU/ml test...
Going to take the last one tomorrow morning and if its negative again I can say I definatly can't be pregnant. I HATE PCOS!! Lol
43days late - CD77
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby char_ox » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:02 am

Negative test again this morning... CD78 / 44days late.
Roll on the 2nd.. Hopefully my doctor gives me something to help AF come and maybe something to shorten my cycles and help me O.
How is everything with you @babydust530
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Hey ladies, I totally hear you. Pcos is very frustrating! Don't be worried about being formally diagnosed. Once you are your dr can do stuff to help! I'm on metformin and a thyroid med (I have slight hyperthyroidism) and it seems to be working for me. I had my shortest cycle ever last cycle so I'm feeling pretty positive.

I'm currently on cd25 and 6dpo. At this rate perhaps another "short" cycle! Haha Hope all is well with you both!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:26 am

Hello, yes its extremely frustrating, I'm due a docs appointment tomorrow and a job interview, and still haven't seen AF yet :(
Good luck on this cycle alwaysherebefore :)
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust530 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm still on the same boat as you char_ox. No AF, no ovulation, no BFP. I have my appointment tomorrow as well, I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Still no sign of nothing babydust530? I'm not thinking pregnancy any more, as I'm sure one of my tests would have been positive especially by CD78 ODD.!!
I'm not sure much will happen tomorrow at my appointment, maybe be referred to get blood tests etc too see whats actually going on, I'm hoping to get some kind of medication to help me O as soon as possible lol!
Good luck with your docs app tomorrow. :)
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust530 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:27 pm

I've had these types of cycles before. I needed provera back in August to induce AF after a long cycle (60+ days), so I'm assuming the same thing is happening now. I suspect, my doctor is going to recommend for me to start clomid (or another medication to help me ovulate). Good luck with your appointment too! :)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Do you have them often? Iv not had many regular cycles lately, my last two was AUG 9TH - 15TH & SEPT 11TH - 16TH. so 33days I think.. And nothing since, only 5mins of spotting a few weeks back. The only thing bugging me is the lack of spotting... Every time my cycle has been extremely long iv had loads of spotting on and off for weeks but this one is nothing at all.
Back in may/june/July I can remember my cycle days were very eratic, from 40 day cycle to a 25day cycle then a 30day cycle! But I thought maybe because I lost 3st it was changing ( put the weight back on slowly, unfortunately) also another thing I have experienced a few times was EXTREMELY heavy periods... Sorry TMI here but HUGE blood clots too.
Thank you :)
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Thanks, Char! I hope you and baby dust have good appointments tomorrow! Keep me posted!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:43 am

Doctors appointment went well, im going to a walk in clinic for full blood tests, and i will be going for a scan once the appointment is through, once all the results are back my doctor can help with medication etc from there.. So the ball is now rolling I'm pleased to say.
Currently still no sign AF is coming, I'm trying a hot water bottle as I heard the heat can help bring it on?
How did your appointment go babydust530? Hope all is well :)
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to PCOS Support