pcos - TTC #1 - irregular cycle

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: pcos - TTC #1 - irregular cycle

Postby char_ox » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:40 am

Oh that's good news at least you can focus on a new cycle now instead of waiting for a long one to end..
I went for the blood tests today, should hopefully get my results by Friday if not Monday, I think they are testing for testosterone levels and LH/FSH I think that's correct lol and a few others..
As for AF - NOTHING :( I'm trying not to think about it much and just hoping it will come soon.
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:16 pm

Babydust, I hope AF comes for you! It's so sucky waiting and hoping for that but it's the only way to start fresh!

Char, I hope you get your results by Friday! I always hate waiting the weekend. Hopefully good/normal results. That sucks still no sigh of af for you! Maybe you could ask your doctor for something when you get your results. No sense in waiting any longer. 90+ days might as well be an eternity!

Afm, no sign of AF yet. Haven't told dh yet that I might actually be late. He's so used to long cycles. And I haven't tested yet either!!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby babydust530 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:07 pm

When are you planning on testing? Any symptoms? Fingers crossed!!!!!
Me: 32
DH: 32
Our little girl is 17-months old (born Oct. 2015)
BFP on 4/5/17 (est. due date 12/18/17)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:58 am

I'm hoping by Friday too, the weekend will go so slow if not! Haha I'm guessing my testosterone levels are on wack as I have the unwanted hair that comes with pcos :( hopefully its not bad with everything else, do you know if they can treat unwanted hair? as its extremely embarrassing and affecting my confidance a fair bit!
I'm going to ask my doc what I can do about AF starting and see what he says.
When are you planning on testing? Good luck & fingers crossed for you!
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Char, I have a fair amount of unwanted hair as well. Several years ago I was on spironlactone to help with it. In my opinion it didn't really help so I stopped. Now I have an amazing woman who waxes my face every 3 weeks to keep the hair at bay.

Afm, I still havent tested, maybe Friday? DH also still doesn't know I think I'm late. I'm not sure if I should test with him or not. I want to share the excitement with him if it is "it" but I don't want to get him excited if it's nothing. As for symptoms, I suppose I've had some or it's been nothing lol. I've had a sniffly nose since 10dpo that hasn't gotten better or worse (but it is cold/flu season). I also had a season cervix type cramp the same evening. It was intense for about 5 mins then gone. Lastly, last night I had super mild cramps on my right side. It was so minor it was more like the growing pains you get when your little. I guess time will tell if it's something or nothing!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:14 am

I have read a few woman with unwanted hair have got treatment with no success, I'm hoping something will work for me, I'm plucking at least every other day at the moment.
I know what you mean about testing on your own, every time I've tested its always negative so I tend to not mention nothing unless I really do think I could be, but always ends the same way lol.
Fingers crossed for you Alwaysherebefore keep us posted!
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust530 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:33 am

It's definitely tough for us with long/irregular cycles. I really hope you get your BFP! Are you on clomid as well or just metformin? As far as testing is concerned, I've never tested with DH. I've always dreamt of ways that I would surprise him with the news, so I would want to find out first. But, if you feel like you could use the support than I would test with him. Either way, I'm sending lots and lots of positive and fertile thoughts your way. Keep us posted.
Char, luckily I haven't had to deal with unwanted body hair, but I do wax on a regular basis (eyebrows, legs, bikini, etc) and I highly recommend it. The hair grows back thinner and after a while I have some spots that don't grow hair anymore...its pretty great.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 pm

Thanks for the advise, iv actually never waxed before! Lol
Any ideas on a good product? As I have sensitive skin. Pref cheap too!
Also a quick update on me, I'm currently CD92 & 58 days late. Im hoping the doctor has my results tomorrow - would they test for pregnancy as a precaution? As I don't remember seeing that written on my blood test letter lol
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust530 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:51 pm

My doctor always does an urine pregnancy test whenever I come in for an appointment.
As far as waxing in concerned, I would recommend for you to see a professional-especially since you have sensitive skin.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:02 pm

My doctor didn't mention a test either, I guess I'll find out at the scan anyway! Thanks, I'll look into that more.
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:54 am

Babydust, I'm only on met. My doctor isn't quick to prescribe. He tells me each time I see him "we have time on our side, you're still young". So I try to be patient too. I did finally test (never mentioned it to dh) and it was bfn. I'm not sad, just surprised. I really thought with the positive opk and the dr thinking my u/s showed signs of ovulation that I did indeed O. I now don't think I did. I guess time will tell.

As for the waxing, I also recommend a professional. I get my legs and bikini done too but not nearly as often as my face (no one sees my legs each day but dh). Sun I lived in Kansas I saw the same woman for the 5 years I lived there. If you go regularly to the same person it's so quick!

I hope your scan goes well! When I had mine after a 100+ day cycle the dr wasn't concerned with pregnancy. He said since I hadnt had a positive test or a cycle that I just wasn't. And of course he was right lol. A bit disappointing but hopefully this will get you some answers and you'll feel like your on the right track.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby babydust530 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:06 am

Sounds like you have a really good doctor. My doctor too said that he wanted to try met first, than try clomid. I did turn 30 this summer though, so he said he may want to prescribe me clomid next month if there are still no changes. I'm sorry about the bfn. That's very strange, I'm surprised too. Do you chart bbt? This way you could confirm ovulation. Back in June a very similar thing happened to me. I used cleablue advance OPK and it went from not fertile straight to peak fertility. DH and I were actually going away for our anniversary that weekend. I was super excited (this was the first and only time I got a positive OPK). That cycle I ended up not pregnant- at the end of that month I had spotting for 5 days and then nothing, until I took my first dosage of provera in August to induce AF. It was very strange, but looking at my bbt at the time it showed that my temperature elevated when I had the positive OPK, but then it dropped just a few days later. I still don't understand exactly what happened, but I think it prob has something to do with my hormones being out of whack.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:13 am

Sorry to hear you got a BFN, maybe wait a few days and retest if you don't see AF.?
I'm going to phone my doctor today to see if my blood test results are back yet, if not it will be monday.
I'm not expecting to see a baby at the scan, I'm more hoping not to see any cysts or nothing major which I'm worried about like having to have anything removed, I feel like iv dragged this process out a bit, most prob because iv been worried of the outcome!
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:16 pm

I do have a great doctor he came highly recommended. I was reluctant to go to him but my midwife wasn't equipped to handle my issues. I don't chart bbt :( I tried at one point but then a moved and I got off track. I really should get back in the habit.

I know with irregular cycles especially pcos opks can be unreliable but I thought for sure with the opk and the u/s... Meh, my body remains a mystery.

Char, did you get your blood results today?!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:51 am

No they wasn't in by friday, have to call back Monday now Alwaysherebefore.
Still no AF either
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to PCOS Support