pcos - TTC #1 - irregular cycle

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: pcos - TTC #1 - irregular cycle

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Bummer dude, that sucks waiting! Why does ttc have so much stinking waiting?!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:30 am

I know!! Everything is about waiting.. If your not a patient person then good luck is all I'd say lol!!
Iv noticed quite a few face spots coming up, I'm a little bloated but have been on and off for ages.
Yesterday I had what felt like, popping sensations or clicking if that makes sense lol, no pain or cramps it could be nothing at all I don't know, it was on my right side tho and lasted about 5seconds.
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby char_ox » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:44 am

Called doctors today, no blood test results back yet, was advised to call on Friday!! Also have my scan in 2days time.
No AF either, 62days late and CD96.
Yesterday I was SO SURE I was coming on, I had a sore stomach, not cramps the feeling is hard to describe almost as if it was being tightened by a belt, and my mood was awful I was snappy at every little thing, but nothing at all.
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust530 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:26 am

That stinks that the results aren't in yet. I'm also waiting on some results that are driving me crazy- my blood test and DH's semen analysis. I'm especially nervous about the semen analysis. I feel like there is more treatment available for hormone imbalance than low sperm count/or low mobility. Plus, I know it would be really tough for DH to accept the news- he's a little bit of a hypochondriac. We should have both of our results in my the end of the week...fingers crossed.
Alwaysherebefore, any updates? What CD are you?
Me: 32
DH: 32
Our little girl is 17-months old (born Oct. 2015)
BFP on 4/5/17 (est. due date 12/18/17)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:17 am

I had the sonogram today, and it wasn't good. :( The tech told me that she can't confirm anything without my doctor looking over the results first, but she said it looks like I have PCOS. Words really can't describe how heartbroken I feel. I suspected this to be the case all along, and it infuriates me that my doctor kept on downplaying my concerns and telling me that "it's highly unlikely". The more he told me this, the more I began to think that maybe I was being too anxious or pessimistic. It also makes it harder for me to trust him, and his judgment. Part of me wants to switch doctors, but I always feel comfortable in his office and I like that he knows my history. Maybe I'm just angry at the diagnosis and am looking for someone to blame. What I really don't understand is that prior to birth control I never had any issues with my period. There weren't any indicators prior to birth control (about 7 years of having my period and not being on the pill) that would suggest that I had PCOS.
The silver lining is that I already started metformin, so at least I'm on the right track. The tech said my doctor should have the results by later today or tomorrow, so I'll see what he says. I really hope DH's results come back normal, because I really don't know how much more heartache I can take.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:24 am

I'm sorry to hear your sonogram didn't go well, its a good thing your getting on track with met, and I hope your DH results come back normal!
My blood results are back, I'm pretty confused, I have abnormal androgen levels, abnormal gonadotrophin levels and have to re test for thyriod in 6 months. I'm on CD 99 / 65 DAYS LATE!
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Hey ladies! Took a bit of a break from the boards to clear my head, also I had an awesome epic weekend so I was away for that. I'm cd 43 no sign of AF. I'm pretty sure I didn't O so it's the waiting game again. I sure as heck am not waiting more than 60 days though. I'm so ready to jump start this!

Babydust, I'm sorry to hear about the scan. That sucks. When I was diagnosed in August it was my first time seeing that doctor and I thought he was so rude and arrogant. When I saw him in Novemver he was so nice! I'm sure it was because I was taken aback and in shock, so I understand how you're feeling. Hopefully now your doctor will get you a game plan and make you feel like he's working for you. If not it sure wouldn't hurt to try a new doctor.

Char, did your doctor have anything to say about your test results or just tell you what they are?
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:46 am

It wasn't even my doc. The receptionist told me by phone. Didn't explain nothing.. But I'm making an appointment soon to discuss it all.
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Yeesh, that's annoying. It's almost better to not have results that way your not trying to analyze them with Dr. Google which always seems to have bad news!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:52 am

Hey ladies, how's everything going?!
Actually spoke to my doctor today, he was so helpful, and very understanding and I'm feeling so positive today!
My partner is going away soon for a few months so the ttc will be on hold for a while - but my doctor has put me on metformin, starting today, for 1 month and a review to see how I'm doing on it - if there is no change or no BFP by june/july 2015 he is referring me to be put on clomid. I informed him we have been ttc for about 2years and half but I said I'd happy keep 'trying' for 6/7months before being referred whilst I try and loose a decent amount of weight and make myself healthy and ready to concieve. Is the mets side effects bad?
My doctor did uplift my spirits tho - he mentioned about 20 other ladies who he see's at the doctors have pcos, and every one has concieved :) he also was telling me how a 'normal' woman has 13odd chances a year to concieve, as pcos ladies have 6/7/8 chances a year. I'm hoping to post success in 2015!!
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust530 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:43 am

That is uplifting to hear! No test results back for me yet. I have an appointment next Monday and kind of hope I don't hear anything back until then. I'm trying to keep my mind off of ttc during Christmas. I figured if I get my results at my appt next week, I can ask all of my questions then while I have my doctor an DH present. Alwaysherebefore, I'm sorry to hear you didn't ovulate...has you doctor talked about trying clomid? I think that's my doctor's next step for me.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:49 am

As far as met, I've been on it for about 3 weeks. I definetly have experienced some symptoms, but nothing that has been that bad. My symptoms are pretty constant though: light naseau, on and off diarrhea, and I've noticed a faster impact of alcohol- i.e if I have more than a couple of drinks in me sitting, I get really nauseous. My tolerance on met is def different than my tolerance prior to taking met, so keep that in mind if you drink alcohol while on met.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:50 am

I meant to say "in one sitting"
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:10 am

I'm hoping my side effects ain't so bad, but I'm willing to try anything :), I know what you mean, TTC on top of other things is just stressful lol. I have been googleing metformin and as I'm over weight iv read it can help that too (hope so)
I have 500mg metformin for 28days one daily - then review how its working maybe up the dose if needed
I'm a little disappointed that my partner is away, when I'm finally getting some medical assistance lol.
My doctor also mentioned clomid for me if nothing after 6/7months.
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Merry Christmas, ladies!

Char, I'm glad you were able to connect with your doctor and that you're feeling better about everything! It's always a good feeling when you and your dr are on the same page. It sucks your partner will be away but met could take some time to really take effect so hopefully it gives you time to get "acclimated" to the meds.

As for the side effects, like baby dust, mine were also pretty constant, especially the light nausea but it did eventually pass.be sure to take it with food as that really helps.

Baby dust, I look forward to hearing how your appointment goes! Hopefully it will be good and you'll be ready to start the new year with a positive outlook!

Afm, my dr has not yet mentioned clomid. He's taking a relaxed approach and keeps saying "you're young, time is on our side". I appreciate it but I'm also getting impatient! I'm cd 50 today and I'm out of my thyroid meds so I'm gonna call him tomorrow.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

PreviousNext

Return to PCOS Support