pcos - TTC #1 - irregular cycle

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: pcos - TTC #1 - irregular cycle

Postby char_ox » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:24 am

Merry Christmas too you Alwaysherebefore & babydust. :)

Yeah I'm just going to give it time and go from there. One thing is tho I have been taking 500mg a day with a meal my 5th day today and I'm having no side effects, and I still hevent had my period :( I guess no side effects is good but Its making me think is it strong enough?
When you know you need some type of assistance to become pregnant age is out of the question, that's my thoughts anyway, I guess I am lucky as I am 21! So technically I do have that time on my side.
Can't you suggest clomid?
My doctor was ready to referrer me to be on it, but I said I'd give met a good few months first.
I'm currently on CD107 and 73days late. I have read met helps bring on woman's AF is this true?
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:34 pm

That's good you aren't having any side effects! I haven't heard that met will enduce a period so I can't speak to that. I know over time it should regulate your cycle if it is the correct treatment.

I suppose I could suggest it. I've read that overstimulation is a concern in women with pcos though and I suspect that's what my dr wants to avoid. Of course I forgot to call him today because I got busy at work. Guess it will have to wait til Monday.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:21 am

Oh OK, only some woman have said they got AF maybe a few days - 1 week after taking it. I have woke up with quite a few spots on my face this morning, I wonder if its doing something to my hormones already, I'm not sure how long it takes to kick in tho today is day 6 of taking it.
If you think it will help I'd say go for it, even try one round? I was going to go for it myself after 1 month on met but as my partners away I didn't exactly see a point yet..
I'm getting extremely frustrated about my absent period tho. I have missed 3 now, iv ordered 2 pregnancy tests I think they was the ultra early ones - i don't exactly expect a BFP but I guess I could have ovulated couldn't I? Iv read many posts of woman missing periods and randomly ovulated and got pregnant so AF Still didn't show. Not that I'm lucky enough for that to happen and everyone's different I guess..
Google is bad haha!
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust530 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:08 am

Hi ladies, I hope you had a merry Christmas! Unfortunately, more bad news my way...doctor said sonogram confirms pcos; I have multiple cysts on both ovaries. DH also had some issues. His sperm count was really good; his motility was a little low at 48% when normal is over 50%. The morphology was also a problem. Normal is considered having over 30% normal sperm and DH only has 10% normal. My doctor referred DH to a urologist and told me he doesn't want to try clomid on me until DH's issues are cleared. He said DH's results aren't horrible and he may still be fertile, but that we both have some issues and hurdles to overcome. Needless to say yesterday was not a good day. DH was really shocked and upset. It was a huge blow to his self esteem. As much as I was distraught too, I tried tone strong and optimistic for him. This is the first time that I think there is a very good chance we won't be able to have a baby. I have moments when I break down and cry, and others when I feel a sense of peace that if we don't have a child we can still live a happy life. I'm so over 2014! Really hoping good things come our way in 2015!
Me: 32
DH: 32
Our little girl is 17-months old (born Oct. 2015)
BFP on 4/5/17 (est. due date 12/18/17)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:02 am

I'm really sorry to hear your bad news, hopefully metformin helps your pcos - its horrible knowing you have it. Is there anything your DH can take to improve his sperm? If you think of it as it only takes 1, you still have a chance.. And now you know the issues you both can address them and get the correct treatment!
I hope 2015 is a positive and successful year for the both of you!

I'm currently on day 8 of metformin, 500mg a day.. Not noticed any side effects yet apart from headaches which started a few days ago.. Still no AF, officially missed 3 now. Actually have had some cramping today on and off again, but nothing else.
I have a scan in the morning, expecting bad news as I've left it for so long, really worried about cysts or what is causing my extremely long cycle.
A quick question about metformin - have you noticed your more thirsty?
I brought a watermelon about 4 days ago, and since then iv had half of one a day I feel addicted to the stuff lol.
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust530 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:06 am

Thanks char! DH has an appointment with his urologist next week to discuss what can be done. And yes, I've been more thirsty too.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:12 am

Happy new year ladies!
No problem babydust, always here to listen :). My scan went OK today, but don't exactly no anymore yet.. He said contact my gp in 7 days.. Still no sign of AF, cd112 :(
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Hey ladies! Hope your holidays went well! Mine were good and relaxed for the most part, but work has been busy!

Baby dust, Im sorry to hear you've had some bummer news! Having pcos is bummer enough! It seems like your doctor is positive though that DH can still do his part. And there is so much they can do to help treat your pcos to get you ready to concieve! It is def a downer but stay positive! The new year is so full of hope!

Char, do you not get scans at your doctors office? It sucks so much to have to wait more! I'm surprised your doctor hasn't just given you progesterone already! 112 days is brutal! Been there done that!

I'm cd58 today. Had a little spotting today so I'm hoping to start AF and move on into the new year! If not I'll call my doc.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:49 am

I did have a scan at what seemed to be a doctors office/scan clinic but wasn't my doctors. He was scanning for a good 5-10mins and I couldn't see the screen lol, my partner did, but he didn't have a clue what's what... I did ask at the end if he see anything wrong in there.. But he just said he has to assess it first and I need to see my gp in 7days which will be the 7th.. But going to call on the 5th lol.
I know :( can you imagine how bloated I feel :( I would have thought if I was pregnant he would have said in the scan? So now I'm worrying about cysts!! I will keep you updated tho :)
I haven't gone this long without AF For at least 2/3 years... And usually I spot ALOT when I do, but I haven't even had that? Annoying :(
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Char, that's annoying that you have to wait again to get the results! My doctor does the scans himself so I get results as he's doing it. Did you call today?! Hopefully you get provera to endure a cycle cuz that's no bueno going that long!

Afm, I've been spotting 4 days now and am on cd 61. I called the nurse at the Drs office today and she said I need to take a pregnancy test to confirm I'm not pregnant before they can prescribe another round of provera. Uhg. So I'll do that tonight.
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Test test test.. Hope you get a BFP!!
Phoned docs today and nothing back yet.. Going to try tomorrow early evening now yawnn.. I tested yest morning just in case and it was a negative lol.. Obviously.. Could this prolonged cycle be caused by cysts? I don't feel any pain just easily bloated lol
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Negative. Provera prescribed.

I don't know it cysts are the reason a cycle is long or a product of it. For me the dr said my body spits out eggs that never fully mature in an attempt to ovulate but I never do. Because I don't my body keeps trying which is why I have cysts. I just needs to ovulate!!

I can't wait to hear what happens at your appointment tomorrow!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:49 am

Sorry to hear its neg. Are you on metformin? Maybe that's what happens to me.. Going to phone my doctors AGAIN today lol, if he said contact your gp in 7days surely they will have my results on time lol I will keep you updated :) xXx
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babydust530 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:55 am

Alwaysherebefore, sorry about the BNF. I can so completely relate to what you are going through. My sonogram showed that I have multiple cysts on both ovaries....stupid PCOS. I haven't ovulated since coming off the pill, which was exactly 1 year ago.
Char, have you started on provera yet? I agree that it's not good to have such a long cycle. It could be due to many things: body adjusting from coming off the pill, drastic change in weight, PCOS, cysts...typically is means that you are not ovulating, but the reason for not ovulating can vary.

I have a little bit of good news....finally, 2015 will hopefully bring me some good news. DH had his follow-up with the urologist yesterday, and his doctor said his reasons are not "that bad". He said that the motility is a little slow and morphology could be higher, but he told us that different labs use different ranges for what considered "normal". He said although some of his results don't fit what's "normal" for this lab, doesn't mean that he is sterile. The doctor gave him an ultrasound and said everything looks good. He is supposed to re-test his semen at the end of January. In the meantime, his doctor said he doesn't think there is any reason that I cant start clomid or my hormone treatment to help me ovulate. He was really sweet, and shared with us that him and his wife were ttc for 3 years. The did IVF and now have two healthy 16-year old boys. A few years later, they also conceived a little girl. He was so encouraging and told us to hang in there, and gave us so much hope.
I have another follow-up with my doctor on 1/28, and I wonder if he'll start me on clomid then. Although I was against it for a while, I think I'm ready to at least give it a try.

The thing that I'm having a tough time now with is the Dx of PCOS. Of course the infertility part upsets me, but what scares me more is how it impacts my overall health. The more I read, the more freaked out I get with all of the symptoms and health issues associated with PCO. I've decided to stop reading for a bit, and my mom is researching for me to a see a doctor that specializes in PCOS.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby char_ox » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:04 am

Haven't started provera, doctors have my results in from my scan!! But have to wait until the 19th :( the earliest appointment available. Maybe he will mention prov then, or something!! Lol
Your doc seems nice :) happy for your good news, hopefully clomid works for you, I have read so many success stories about it so far, working on like the 2nd round :)
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to PCOS Support