newbie looking for opinions

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

newbie looking for opinions

Postby mirflax » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:14 am

Here is some background history I was diagnosed pcos 7 years ago after coming off of using the Depo Provera shots for over 5 years. I had no periods at all on my own. After 3 years of infertility treatments i was able to conceive my son using metformin and clomid was scheduled for iui but the drs timing was off and i had already ovulated but conceived that month on our own. Presently in May of 2014 i wanted to ttc again i was having sporadic periods on my own 1 every couple of months but had no health insurance until May so my first appointment was with my ob/gyno upon this visit he found a massive cyst 13cm on my left ovary which had potential to be cancerous. In August i had my left ovary and left fallopian tube removed and told i had to wait to heal 3 month before i could ttc again. in this time i also found out i am diabetic was put on metformin again with a diet and lost 33 pounds and have had regular periods since my surgery in august but they vary in length from 30-32 days. At my last appointment with my dr on dec when he have me the green light i was expecting him to put me on some form of meds to help conceive but he told me to DO NOTHING. still can't wrap my brain around it after years of infertility this dr has told me he thinks i will conceive on my own but i am very doubtful which is stressing me out. Do you think it's possible after years of infertility and only having one ovary now and my husband has low testosterone (not sure of sperm count/quality) to conceive on our own or should i think about getting a new dr. I feel as if i am wasting time. I think i am at my fertile peak tomorrow which is also my 34th birthday but i am not sure is it ok to have sex everyday in hopes of timing it right or is that decreasing our chances. Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions are very much appreciated thank you.
mirflax
Friend

Re: newbie looking for opinions

Postby redmeetsfood » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm not sure why he thinks you'll conceive without meds. I'm not a doctor, but my understanding is that those of us with PCOS will have a hard time conceiving even WITH meds, never mind without. I say trust your gut. If this doc isn't helping, maybe seek out another one. Although I have to admit, I've been to two docs already and they just say take met and wait wait wait...
31, Married Feb 2014
TTC since March 2014
Diagnosed w/ PCOS Sept 2014
Metformin since Sept 2014
redmeetsfood

Return to PCOS Support