Im New... I was diagnosed with PCOS

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Im New... I was diagnosed with PCOS

Postby perry261 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:25 pm

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Krystal. I am 27 and I plan on starting my ttc journey this next March of 2016. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and Prediabetes. So I am hoping to lose weight and lower my chances of diabetes during pregnancy before I ttc. I plan on using NW Cryobank and being a SMBC. I will be 28 when I start ttc.

I am currently on Metformin 1000 mg, BCP (Mononessa), Vitex, Vitamin D 3000 iuis, B12 1000 iui, and Prenatal Vitamins. I am not sure if the metformin helps or not since I havent noticed much of a difference. I do now have hot flashes which I am hoping is a side effect. Has anyone had hot flashes with Metformin? I just got put on Vitamin D 3000 iui recently after getting my vitamin D to a more normal range. It showed it was 11 from my blood test so I had to do 12 weeks of Vitamin D 50,000 iuis a week first. I will stop the BCP after September and start charting to get ready for March. My obgyn has me coming in for a pap in june then I go back in November to start talking about what I will have to do for my ttc journey. She mentioned that she might have to send me to another Doctor for monitoring on 2000 Metformin a day and To start Chlomid in March. I had some tests done a few months ago that showed my FSH at 4.5 (That is Ok?) and LH was between 19 a 27 (I dont remember the exact number.) I didnt want to start BCP but she told me a study showed it helped woman with PCOS conceive after 6 months on BCP. IDK but it does atleast regulate my period which can be very irregular. My last one before the birth control pills I had hit cd60 and I really only think the vitex caused my period to come. I started a week after I started vitex. I had no symptoms until a few days after taking the vitex.

Sorry to just ramble on. But I do have a (Probably stupid) question. I am a PAOS addict ever since I started checking to see if I ovulate. While back I could never get a positive. Then the month before I got diagnosed I finally had a positive OPK. Well I was having twinges in my side and some other symptoms for Ovulation today. I decided since I have so many OPKs still that I would just use one. Well it was a perfect positive. Which was weird. Are the BCP or anything else that can cause a False positive on an OPK. The really funny thing is that I was in shock cause it took until cd 31 to get a positive with just vitex and no bcp. I am only on Cd11.

---Also a funny tidbit. I am a BCP baby. My mom got pregnant with me while taking BCPs. lol

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my pre-ttc and future ttc journey with yall. (I use yall a lot because Im a texan lol.)

OPK PIC - http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/perry261/media/IMG_0446_zpskqsqdd68.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
Krystal - 27 - Future SMBC - PCOS & Pre-Diabetic - Starting TTC Journey March 2016
perry261

Re: Im New... I was diagnosed with PCOS

Postby mylammie04 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi Perry261!

Welcome :) I didn't want to read and dash. I'm also new to the boards. I am also on metformin (1500mg) for PCOS, but haven't had hot flashes. I've had the other side effects with upset stomach and decreased appetite. My DH and I have been TTC for a little over a year now and have MC twice. I'm currently waiting to get some blood tests done to see if I have any clotting issues. I also started TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) to see if it'll help with anything once we start trying again.

I think you're doing all the right things in prepping yourself when you TTC in 2016. Keep it up and hopefully you can have a sticky bean on your first try! :)

To answer you question about POAS and OPK...my OB told me that as someone with PCOS, we always have the LH in our system so the OPK will always show it. It's only when the test line is as dark or darker than the control then it's positive! Your OPK looks like it's slowly getting there! The control still looks a bit darker. So close!

Hopefully we can keep each other posted on our TTC journeys :)
Me: 34
DH: 34
TTC #1 since 01/14
Dx PCOS: 09/14
1st MC: 08/01/14 :angel:
2nd MC: 04/14/15 :angel:
3rd MC: 07/17/17 :angel:

RAINBOW BABY
02/14/16 :babyb:

TTC #2
mylammie04
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby perry261 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Ty for the welcome. Im so sorry to hear about your MCs. I hope all your blood work comes back good. I did have the upset stomach for the first 2 weeks or so but then it got better mostly. I still will have it if I forget a pill which I did twice now. One time was do to being out and them not getting my Prescription in soon enough lol. I was mostly worried that It was showing I might ovulate on Birth control because in person they were the same color to me. The next night the line was a lot lighter. Idk though lol. I am so nervous but excited about this March. I have wanted to be a mom since I was 16. I hope this next cycle of yours is your lucky one. Im going to keep my fx for you. I would love to keep each other posted on our journeys. Im sending baby dust your way. Good luck on your tests.
Krystal - 27 - Future SMBC - PCOS & Pre-Diabetic - Starting TTC Journey March 2016
perry261

Postby mylammie04 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:16 am

Thanks for the baby dust and fx! :)

I know what you mean about forgetting to take some of the pills. I have done that a couple times already too! Usually it's my 2nd pill at night that I tend to forget. Oops!

YES :) Will definitely keep you in the loop with testing and looking forward to hearing about your journey.
TTC #1 since 01/14

RAINBOW BABY

TTC #2
mylammie04
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby perry261 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:36 pm

Sorry I havent been on in a while to check in. How is everything going for you? Did all your tests come back oK? Are you still doing the Traditional chinese Medicine?

I am going to an RE on June 8 to be able to check my metformin dosage. This doctor will be able to monitor me. Since I needed an Endocrinologist I went with an Re to make it easier if I needed to go to one in the future. They said they are going to do some ultrasounds probably to check for cysts. I am so ready for March lol. I am hoping to get to stop the BCPs or atleast switch because since taking them I have my acne coming back. The vitex had cleared my face completely. The obgyn has had me taking the vitex with the BCP. I read online they should be taken together? So hopefully the RE will have some answers. The nurse also said they would test me for Insulin Resistance even though the PCP diagnosed with with Pre-diabetes do to family history. I was actually a point below Pre-Diabetes.
perry261

Postby mylammie04 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:14 am

Hi Perry261!

I am doing okay :) I am glad that you're getting tests done and on your way to TTC in March! I don't know too much about vitex, but definitely ask the RE when you see them :)

I am doing okay. I've gotten some of my tests back, but waiting on some more. I am going to call my doctor today and see what the hold up is since it's been a couple weeks. I am on my last round of Traditional Chinese Medicine. I got AF last Friday and went back to see the herbalist. He changed up my "mix" and I think I am going to make this my last visit. He wants to see me again next month when I get my period, but I know he's just going to see me for 2 minutes (literally that's all he sees me for!) and get me on another 10-day regiment. It's not very cheap either..$165 for a 10-day supply..I don't know if I can keep that up for 6 months! In the grand scheme of things, I know it's way cheaper than any traditional fertility treatments, but I'll probably play it by ear.

I'll keep you posted!
TTC #1 since 01/14

RAINBOW BABY

TTC #2
mylammie04
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby perry261 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Did you get the rest of your test results back? Did you decide to stop the Chinese Traditional Medicine. That is a lot for 10 days especially since you said he only sees you for 2 minutes.

I went to see A RE and Infertility doctor on Monday. She is going to help me with my PCOS and trying to conceive in the future. I originally was going to do an ICI at home to be able to have more Back to Back attempts but she let me know that was unlikely to work for me. My tests show I do not ovulate on my own. So for Now I will continue trying to get healthier. I got to get rid of one pill though lol. I no longer take Vitex because she told me I didnt need it. I now take a higher dose of METFORMIN. I take two 750mg pills at night with dinner. I also still take Birth Control, B12, 3000 Ius of VITAMIN D AND a Prenatal. I will continue on Birth Control until March when I have my first IUI attempt. In February I will be having an HSG. I am so excited that she has went over plans with me. She even gave me a page already showing everything she will be doing step by step with The IUI. She Plans on using Letrozole 2.5 instead of Clomid and I will be taking it Cycle days 3-7. Before I start the Letrozole she will do ultrasounds and test to make sure everthing is going ok. I will also be using a trigger shot of HCG 20k before Insemination. They check for your Progesterone to get to > or equal to 2.0 before they inseminate. Then I will have to take Progesterone and Estradol afterwards. I am very excited that she went into so much detail with me when there is still a while left before I begin. She was so nice. I am so glad to have a doctor who listens to me and doesnt try to push me out the door. Thats how I felt with my OBGYN. I will be getting a pap on the 22nd from my OBGYN and then be looking for a new dr. I hate going in and asking a question and her not wanting to answer. She always wants to talk about it another time. So I am really excited but sad that I will only get to try 3 times or so a year. The IUIs are expensive and then I have to pay for meds and everything with it out of pocket. My insurance covers nothing. So I am looking at 2000-3000 a cycle. crazy but my chances she said are really good from what she has seen of my tests so far. She took some more tests on monday. So for now I am waiting on the 24th when I go for my consult on my tests.
perry261

Postby inthemetro » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:02 am

Hey Krystal, I just wanted to chime in and say welcome. I'm also a PCOS-er, and I wanted to congratulate you on being so on top of preparing your body before you start ttc officially! I wish I had started charting etc. months in advance--I've been ttc since last August and I think I lost a few months being clueless about so much of it (temping, charting, figuring out when I was having an anovulatory cycle). I've also been on metformin (for years, actually--it's helped me and I'm not pre-diabetes) and while I haven't gotten pregnant yet, I've found clomid really helpful in getting me to ovulate consistently and shortening my cycles. Anyway, good luck!
30 years old, TTC #1

PCOS, blood disorder
mc (March 2015)
7 cycles of clomid: bfn
first cycle injectables: bfp!

My Ovulation Chart
inthemetro
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby perry261 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Thank you. I was really lost at first when I starting looking into everything. But I found this forum and some other great forums that helped a lot for me. My RE retested my glucose and insulin with a fasting test since my doctor did it when I hadn't fasted. So hopefully the pre-diabet diagnoses is incorrect. I really hope so. My dad was diabetic and I know how hard that is. I will find out on the 24th what my test show. Good luck with your ttc journey. I hope you get your BFP soon!
perry261

Postby Aliciadixon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi everyone, for those suffering from PCOS with symptoms like polycystic ovaries and irregular ovulation, taking western medecins will not help to treat or cure PCOS but help relief the symptoms for a short while and most often cause after effects. From my experience as a PCOS sufferer I Cldnt help it but share the knowledge I have which helped me conceive after years of research funding the cure for PCOS after I was scheduled for ivf which I promised myself I wasn't going to go. I researched and one day came across a chinese herbal store called Dr herbs and booked a consultation with one of their Doctors, to cut the long story short, I was prescribed a Chinese herbal medecines called Tiaojing cuyun wan which is to be taken on the 5th day of ur period for 20 days, that means u have to take four packs each month, a pack cost just about £10, it can also be sold in eBay but I'm not to sure if eBay is good to purchase best to get direct from the doctor, anyways was told to start taking from day five of period for 29 days for the next 3 months to balance hormones and cure cyts etc, one month course is a treatment already but 3 months is recommended for best results, trust me those pills are miracle pills, they worked in two cycles as it targets the root cause of PCOS, balances the endocrine which is one of the reasons most girls or women suffer from polycystic ovaries. It's really good and will recommend everyone tries it as its a natural way of conceiving before Ivf and it works. Tiaojing cuyun wan is the name. I hope this helps someone.
Aliciadixon
Friend

Return to PCOS Support