Never knew this page existed!!! Anyone tried VITEX?

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Never knew this page existed!!! Anyone tried VITEX?

Postby Donella1987 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Evening everyone.

So for those who are interested.... or bored.... here is my story :wink:

In March 2014 I had tests for PCOS since my periods were ranging from 14 days to 54 days... docs done all the tests and they came back positive for PCOS... fine... lots of people have it right... then the doc says to me.... your testosterone is 5 x higher than the average womans, you will not have children... blunt just like that ((yeah cheers doc))
Skip to August 2014... while on holiday in Egypt my boobs hurt... a lot... though nothing of it because I'm as baron as a wooden plank right.... WRONG!!!!!! after coming home, going to a wedding, drinking FAR TOO MUCH, i do a test... POSITIVE... i do another POSITIVE... 7 tests in all and they were all positive!!!!!.... 5 days later i miscarry at 6weeks and i was devastated but life goes on right.
In January 2015 i head back to the docs because AF is leaving me earlier and earlier, i used to have a 7day cycle... then a 5... then 4... now 3... which i suppose is good in some ways, but scary in others.
More tests and the results are in.... PREMENOPAUSAL!!!!!!!! I'm nearly 28.... again... no hope of children, our NHS sucks at giving IVF.... hey ho, carry on with life what will be will be.
February 2015 - I OVULATE! have a 29 day cycle... MARCH I ovulate again... 30 day cycle... woohoo!!!!!! APRIL i have a 36 day cycle.... MAY and i am on CD33 with EWCM now... WTF!!!!!!!!
I changed to a less stressful job, i am management in the NHS and i love it but my past job took its toll on me after 8 years... i think a lot of my symptoms were down to stress.
So i have bought VITEX... should be here on Thursday earliest and i am going to see if that works.
Has anyone else tried VITEX and had a positive outcome with this???

xxxx
Me - Donella 29 Portsmouth, UK overweight, pcos and high testosterone
DH - Russell 33 fit healthy avid body builder (polar opposite of me)
together 11 years, married for 8
:bfp: 22/07/2015 - EDD 18th March 2016

*・°☆.。.:*・°☆ David born 25th March 2016 05:32am 7lb9oz ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*

TTC #2 since July 2016

Donella1987
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Never knew this page existed!!! Anyone tried VITEX?

Postby mybaby26 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:16 am

Donella1987 wrote:Evening everyone.

In March 2014 I had tests for PCOS since my periods were ranging from 14 days to 54 days... docs done all the tests and they came back positive for PCOS... fine... lots of people have it right... then the doc says to me.... your testosterone is 5 x higher than the average womans, you will not have children... blunt just like that ((yeah cheers doc))
Skip to August 2014... while on holiday in Egypt my boobs hurt... a lot... though nothing of it because I'm as baron as a wooden plank right.... WRONG!!!!!! after coming home, going to a wedding, drinking FAR TOO MUCH, i do a test... POSITIVE... i do another POSITIVE... 7 tests in all and they were all positi
ve!!!!!.... 5 days later i miscarry at 6weeks and i was devastated but life goes on right.
In January 2015 i head back to the docs because AF is leaving me earlier and earlier, i used to have a 7day cycle... then a 5... then 4... now 3... which i suppose is good in some ways, but scary in others.
More tests and the results are in.... PREMENOPAUSAL!!!!!!!! I'm nearly 28.... again... no hope of children, our NHS sucks at giving IVF.... hey ho, carry on with life what will be will be.
February 2015 - I OVULATE! have a 29 day cycle... MARCH I ovulate again... 30 day cycle... woohoo!!!!!! APRIL i have a 36 day cycle.... MAY and i am on CD33 with EWCM now... WTF!!!!!!!!
I changed to a less stressful job, i am management in the NHS and i love it but my past job took its toll on me after 8 years... i think a lot of my symptoms were down to stress.
So i have bought VITEX... should be here on Thursday earliest and i am going to see if that works.

xxxx

The hell with what the doctor have to say he is not God, how dear is say it so blunt.
He certainly dnt have the last say
Me 26 DH 27 Married for 2.5 years together for 7years :)
Never had a BFP /TTC since FOREVER :(
Apirl 17/2015-Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy ,Dye, D&C & Ovarian Drilling
Found Scar Tissue,some Blocking my Fallopian tube
Laser removal of the scar tissue & Ovarian Drilling /HGS-showed No blockage tube clear!!
AF May 11th/2015
Cycle#1 first try after Lap- Femara 5mg CD 3-7.
scan on CD13 follicle 12mm&11mm (2nd- Scan on CD16 22mm &14mm
-5/26- trigger shot Pregnyl -timed inter-course (Progesterone test June 2th/ 8.71
beta June9- 4.3 re-test- June12, 2nd beta cancelled AF June 11th BFN /
cycle#2 Femara 7.5 CD 3-7 /CD14 follicle 23mm triggerd -novarel 5000-lining 8.23 (BFN
AF on the 9th of July.
3rd try after Lap Clomid 100mg CD5-9 (+opk CD14 night
Starting IVF in ARPIL :D
mybaby26
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Donella1987 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:48 pm

hey Mybaby. thanks! seriously, i swear these doctors do not even try... CD34 still no AF though, no signs she's coming either.... hhhmph

TTC #2 since July 2016

Donella1987
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mybaby26 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Donella1987 wrote:hey Mybaby. thanks! seriously, i swear these doctors do not even try... CD34 still no AF though, no signs she's coming either.... hhhmph

Your a strong woman i was not going back to him
So are you. Gonna check into af why its not.coming down as yet?
Laser removal of the scar tissue & Ovarian Drilling /HGS-showed No blockage tube clear!!
AF May 11th/2015
-5/26- trigger shot Pregnyl -timed inter-course (Progesterone test June 2th/ 8.71
cycle#2 Femara 7.5 CD 3-7 /CD14 follicle 23mm triggerd -novarel 5000-lining 8.23 (BFN
AF on the 9th of July.
mybaby26
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby mybaby26 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:41 pm

I had irregular cycles before my laparoscopy in April. After that af just comes on its own. I also have pcos .witch my RE did ovarian drilling also
AF May 11th/2015
AF on the 9th of July.
mybaby26
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby RaRaxxx » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:36 am

Donella1987 wrote:Evening everyone.

Skip to August 2014... while on holiday in Egypt my boobs hurt... a lot... though nothing of it because I'm as baron as a wooden plank right.... WRONG!!!!!! after coming home, going to a wedding, drinking FAR TOO MUCH, i do a test... POSITIVE... i do another POSITIVE... 7 tests in all and they were all positive!!!!!.... 5 days later i miscarry at 6weeks and i was devastated but life goes on right.

xxxx

Hello I've also got pcos, been on vitex for 3 months and so far things have improved
gone from 28 day cycle and ovulating day 21 to 31 day cycle and ovulating day 17!
It balances out hormones, before I was lacking in progesterone resulting in a very short luteal phase not good for implantion! Now my chances have increased so feeling much more positive, infact I'm in my tww now and for the first time I can feel things happening, it may just be the progesterone and not pg but its nice to know things are happening in there.
I'd say go for it and as its all natural, its safe
good luck to you I hope it helps :-)
RaRaxxx

Postby Donella1987 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:49 am

Hi
Just to update, i used Vitex for 1 month and i am currently 7weeks pregnant, now i cannot say that Vitex was a the cause of my pregnancy but I'm sure it helped xxx

TTC #2 since July 2016

Donella1987
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jamster34 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Hello congrats on your pregnancy , wishing you a happy and healthy 9 mo. When do you take vitex Im on cd 9 right now could I start now or wait till Af come back around :-)
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1e5ddb]My Ovulation Char
Me: Jamie 36 DF: Rodney 46
TTC # 1 Since 2005
6 m/c
Married Finally July 13,2013
Tking :CoQ10 ,Prenatal w/DHA, Royal Jelly, Soy, Baby Asprin
Jamster34
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Donella1987 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:36 am

hi! i took it as soon as i got it, right the way through my cycle xxx

TTC #2 since July 2016

Donella1987
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby southernbelle » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:28 pm

The two times I took Vitex I got pregnant. I'm currently taking it now and I might have a third Vitex bfp. Will know in a couple days.
southernbelle

Postby blooop » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:27 am

Hey, I know this thread is a few days old but yeah..
I don't know if I have fertility problems yet because I'm a newbie but I just started taking Vitex a few days ago (800 mg). I usually have 35 day cycles but lately they've been varying from 31 to 45 days. I've had problems with cysts before too. So, FertilityFriend thinks I usually ovulate around CD19 based on the dates alone... since taking the vitex I had some weird crampy feelings like I usually do when I ovulate, and I'm only at CD 9. I took an OPK yesterday and it was negative but the line was still fairly dark. It'll be really interesting to see what happens on the vitex because if it decreases my cycle to a normal length, I would be super happy. I'll keep you guys updated and see if it brings my O day sooner. I think this stuff could really help people with irregular cycles and PCOS.

It's so great to hear that you got pregnant btw, after that horrible news from the doctor. I hope you have a healthy pregnancy:)

Me: 23
DH: 29
#1 due August 22, 2016

blooop
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby char_ox » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:01 am

Thought I was share my experience with vitex..
My periods was made worse, my cycle length varied month by month, 30days - 21days - 43 days etc.
when I had a period, they was so heavy I had to change a pad almost every half hour and that is the HUGE pads. Also I passed at least 10 clots the size of golf balls some of them, and the bleeding could last weeks per cycle.

Obviously it works for some and don't for others, just thought I was share :) also I have Pcos as well
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby char_ox » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:03 am

*** forgot to say before I tried vitex my cycle was 30 days each month
char_ox
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Greenbee24 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:43 pm

HI! I feel your pain on the jerk doc! I fell pregnant unexpectedly November 2014 after being off BC for 5 months (been on since 16). I have always had irregular periods. I mc a month later. Was very depressed for months. The doc I went to during that time was suppose to be great and blah blah. He did nothing to help me. I asked him for progesterone since mine was at 2 and my hcg was still doubling every few days. He refused and I lost it. Plus he decided to let 8 people in the room during my most vulnerable time. Like I was a show and tell. He didn't even ask me, just let them all in. I thought my husband was going to punch him... I should have let him. Anyways fast forward to March 2015, co workers worried about my constant crying, irritability, unstable self lol. Made me an appointment with a midwife ob gyn. I have pcos and borderline insulin resistance. What? No one in my family has issues, why me? My testosterone was twice the level it should be. Here I am still on metformin 500 twice a day and no pregnancies. In November looked like faint positive lines but i may just be crazy. I was wondering about Vitex and if it will help! My period last month was only 2 days. And my cycle keeps getting longer. Waiting for AF right now. Plus I apparently Od twice this month! I Od the other day and before that about 2 weeks! Good luck to all!
Greenbee24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to PCOS Support