Help!

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help!

Postby tash47 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:58 am

BabyCenter Logout
< PCOS - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
PCOS - help!
tash47
Hi all,

It's the first time I've ever posted on here, but I'm looking for some advice / success stories...

I have a 10 year old daughter, who I fell pregnant with when I was 16 (!), and I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year later. I've been with my husband for 7 years, and have never used contraception in that time.

I have extremely irregular periods, the last one I had was in March 2011. When I was first diagnosed, I was prescribed metformin but it made me very sick and didnt really have any effect on my symptoms, so they took me off it.

I haven't been seen at the clinic for about 6 years, as I decided to get on with my symptoms (my consultant wasn't great and I didn't have the desire for another child at that point). We've now decided that we would like another, and I'm now in the world of ttc with no periods whatsoever...!

I was 17 1/2 stone in January, and I'm now just over 14, through healthy eating and lots of trips to the gym! Weight loss has slowed down loads, and I've lost around 1lb in the last 6 weeks, despite not changing anything I'm doing, in fact I've increased my gym sessions (cardio).

I started taking fertilaid 3 days ago, and I'm waiting for a delivery of pregnitude. As my BMI is 31.7 I know that when I get to the hospital they're going to tell me to lose more weight (I'm trying!), before they'll give me anything for my fertiliy problems, so I was hoping that these would give me a bit of a head start (fingers crossed).

I have my first appointment with my GP on Wednesday, who will hopefully refer me back to the hospital. My husband had a sperm analysis test when I was under their care years ago, and all was fine, but I expect he'll need another one.

One thing to add is that my daughter was born with gastroschisis, and although recurrence is extremely rare, it's another thing that's on my mind.

I've bought some ovulation tests, which may seem ridiculous due to my lack of periods, but I thought I might as well see if there's anything happening, particularly now I've started to take fertilai dans soon pregnitude.

Have any of you tried either of these? Has anyone been in my situation?!

tash47

Return to PCOS Support