BFN, could I still be pregnant?

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFN, could I still be pregnant?

Postby elizabeth85 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:55 am

I am 30 and have been on BC for my pcos for many years. When not on bc I could go months without a period, and when I got them they would last forever. Never TTC before, DH and I are now trying, so I have been on Metformin to regulate my cycle since last November, and also lost some weight (still much more to lose). It took awhile for me to get regulated, but I have had 30-35 day cycles for the last 6 months. We BD around when I think I was O about 3 weeks ago, but I didn't get scientific about it. I am now CD39 and no AF, nor do I have any PMS symptoms, really. I got a BFN one week ago and a BFN this morning. Is there any way I could be pregnant anyway, or would I be getting a BFP by now? I will be frustrated if this is a setback in the progress I have made towards having regular periods. Has anyone experienced any of this?
elizabeth85

Re: BFN, could I still be pregnant?

Postby Little_Bits » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi Elizabeth, it's so hard to say wheth you stop have a chance - although the general consensus is you're not out until AF shows. If you're not temping to confirm ovulation and you have PCOS there's a good chance you ovulated later than you suspect (or not at all). It's a total pain not knowing! I would suggest temping your next cycle of you aren't lucky this one, as it wil help you
Get a better grasp on your cycle. Sending you baby dust and keep us updated!
Me: 28, mild PCOS, history of large cysts that rupture, stage 1 endometriosis resulting in severe abdominal pain, lap to remove endo and adhesions (4/28), HSG shows clear tubes.
Clomid 50mg (6/15) - no response
Clomid 100mg (8/15) - scan shows ONE follicle!!
DH: 34, perfect in every way
TTC since August 2014
First ever BFP October 22!! :bfp:

http://wishingformyrainbow.blogspot.co.uk/

My Ovulation Chart
Little_Bits
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: BFN, could I still be pregnant?

Postby elizabeth85 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:34 pm

That's a good point, I probably did ovulate later or not at all. I need to read up on temping, I was hoping to avoid all that but really I probably have just been wasting time. Thanks and I will post back when I know more!
elizabeth85

Return to PCOS Support