Anovulatory cycle

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anovulatory cycle

Postby Nic&la » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:39 am

Hi all, I originally posted this on the infertility forum and was recommended to report here. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it :-)

If you have an anovulatory cycle will your withdrawal bleed be the same time as if it were a normal cycle?

My cycles are typically 40-45 days long, I'm now on CD24 so around the time of my usual O but I don't think I'm going to ovulate this cycle due to hormonal lows, no CM, and Nth day of flashing smily face....I could be wrong and Ovulation Station is just round the corner....but if it's not then when should I expect bleeding? My LP is 17 days which (lucky me) is Christmas. Is it likely I will bleed around then still? I guess what I'm getting at is when can I expect to start a new cycle so I can start preparing for O again?

Or does the cycle never actually end and continues until Ovulation occurs, however long?
Nic&la
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Anovulatory cycle

Postby starnbabycrazy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:25 am

Hmm, I have heard that Annovulatory bleeds are very light, mostly brown but could eventually turn into a period? I have a few "long cycles" a year and they do seem lighter than the shorter cycles. I am confused when you say " and Nth day of flashing smily face" did you have positive opk's for longer than normal? It really sucks not knowing, and from my own research ive heard you should just count it as cycle day 1...and thats what ive done so far but I do question it still.
starnbabycrazy

Postby BFPPlease » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:22 pm

How long does it have to be to be an anovulatory cycle? If you don't ovulate don't you just not get a period?
Ashley (24) in love with Stephen (28)
TTC#1 since November 2015

My Ovulation Chart
BFPPlease
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nic&la » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:38 am

Hi, I had 12 days of flashing face in the end before getting solid this morning!

I'm still none the wiser, this is my second surge this cycle (first CD14 - i know, how regular right?!) now today is CD32. If this doesn't result in ovulation, maybe it just continues surging every so often until ovulation then pregnancy/period so ending the cycle?

Perhaps the distinction doesn't really matter?!
Nic&la
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BFPPlease » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:53 am

I finally got AF after CD54 or something crazy like that. I thought a period was a period - egg didn't fertile and therefore you shed....is that not correct?
Ashley (24) in love with Stephen (28)
TTC#1 since November 2015

My Ovulation Chart
BFPPlease
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to PCOS Support