Irregular Cycle - frustrated

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Irregular Cycle - frustrated

Postby nikkibatman » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:41 pm

I'm 28 yrs old and have been TTC for 4 months. Not very long, but I'm currently on CD70 and based on ovulation tests I've taken I haven't ovulated. I'm currently not monitoring BBT and am just frustrating wishing AF would come already. I've never been diagnosed with PCOS, but am going in to see a doctor on Feb 25 and hopefully they will run some tests or at least give me something to help get a period. I've had irregular periods since I was 11. Back then it was every few months, then I started on the BCP when I was 18. In my early twenties I decided to stop taking BCPs due to headaches and didn't have a period for 9 months, at that point I went to the dr who just put me back on BCP. When I stopped taking the pill in Sept '15 I had my first period on my own 5 weeks later, I then ovulated (confirmed with ovulation test) at the beginning of Dec and had a period 12 days later. Since then nothing. I know that everyone here has been trying and probably trying for longer, so I'm sure others understand the frustration of not even being able to know that you're trying at the right time. I've read through some past posts on here and have seen a lot of women who had success with Metformin. I'm really just looking for others going through the same thing to talk with.
nikkibatman

Re: Irregular Cycle - frustrated

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Nikki - I know I'm late to the party on this post but how did the appointment go? Long/irregular cycles are a b*tch, I can speak from experience!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Irregular Cycle - frustrated

Postby lucyhbridge1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:51 am

Hi Nikki, I'm also 28 and have irregular cycles - it's the most frustrating thing in the world. DH and I have been TTC for 5 months (which I know isn't long at all) - but I've not had a period for 8 months so I completely understand where you're coming from. I came off BC in April '15 and had 5 regular cycles until September '15 but then nothing since then. Without having periods you have absolutely no idea where in the cycle you are or if you're even ovulating! I've had positive OPK results BUT I wonder if that actually means I've ovulated? It only detects the hormone before ovulation, so my brain could trigger the right hormone but whether my ovaries decide to pay attention to that hormone and release an egg - who knows?! ...

Thankfully my doc is really nice and is going to investigate further. I was diagnosed with PCO when I was 16 but it's never caused me any issues until now :-( just worst luck when we're beginning our TCC journey.

How have you got on since Feb?
lucyhbridge1

Return to PCOS Support