New to this community new dx PCOS

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New to this community new dx PCOS

Postby AnitaJ90 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi guys I'm located in northern Alberta canada. My husband and I have been married for 4 years and ttc 1 year. I recently got a diagnosis of pcos with normal hormone levels and weight but lots of follicles on ultrasound and very irregular periods. Also we just found out that my husband has a low sperm count to top things off. Being in canada these have all been family doctor diagnosis so we are currently being referred to a OBGYN. Has anyone out there dealt with pcos and male factor? What were your doctors suggestions? Anyone else in canada or Alberta and no what the process is here?
AnitaJ90

Re: New to this community new dx PCOS

Postby Juls86 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi, I just got diagnosed with PCOS this year, and the only real symptoms I have are irregular (long) cycles, and too many follicles that they saw on ultrasound. I've had 3 chemical pregnancies, which my RE thinks are due to not enough support from my ovaries. I'm going to be trying IUI with a med called Letrozole on my next cycle. My husband has good sperm count, but has a varicocele that can act up and lower his count in the future. What kind of intervention are you trying?
Juls86

Return to PCOS Support