Looking for Advice

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Looking for Advice

Postby mrslmmlove15 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies - Newbie here!!!

Currently losing weight via low carb, just started taking Inositol, Prenatal w/dha and going to start incorporating exercise.

My husband is a regular marijuana smoker and has 3 kids prior to me and has been a regular user since he was 16 (he is now 31) Does anyone have any insight on a similar situation, I have a mild case of PCOS and since I started losing weight on Jan 4th of this year (currently 35lbs down) I've had 2 mormal cycles naturally with no help, I was pregnant before but it ended at 6 weeks.

Any advice or input is appreciate I posted this in another section and GOT NO REPLIES!!!!
mrslmmlove15
Friend

Re: Looking for Advice

Postby Danaa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Hey there,I don't know what to say about marijuana situation Bcs I have no experience but ur DH do have 3 kids and you got pregnant once so I think you can get pregnant.I think an SA (semen analysis)would tell you more then any of us here!!Are you seeing a doc to help with pcos?Maybe try some
Clomid or something to help you ovulate!Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrslmmlove15 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:33 am

I'm only concerned because with the fact i've lost weight and still losing and he smokes not every day but enough to where I'm concerned he is otherwise healthy I just don't want to lessen my chances of getting pregnant... I'm not sure if there is anyone else out there who smokes mary jane or has a spouse that does and if that was truly found to affect things
mrslmmlove15
Friend

Postby Danaa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:42 am

Doctors say that alcohol and drugs affects fertility and in most cases that is the truth buuut I think we all saw more than once drog addicts and alcoholics who had no problems getting pregnant.My DH has a cousin who smoked pot and he has like 5 kids:)) I think you should talk to him about this situation,maybe he can stop or do it less.Why not talk to him about getting an SA and see where he stands!!Good Luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to PCOS Support