PCOS clomid & looking for hope..

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

PCOS clomid & looking for hope..

Postby KK1984 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:08 pm

Hello, I have just joined this group & wanted to share my story, find out if anyone can relate & If there are any positive tips out there!
I'm 32 with lean PCOS. I have been married now for 2 years after being together almost 10 years :) We have already had 3 unsuccessful rounds of clomid & in about 2 weeks we will be going in for the 4th.
I struggle physically & emotionally on the tablets, and after.. the pains, the side effects, feeling hopefully then seeing it all go down the pan after the 'two week wait' is all pretty tough.
I had an abortion when I was 16 & I beat myself up about this almost every day. It was the right decision at the time but why can't it happen now the time is right??
I feel I'm on a downward spiral & I am starting to feel pretty low, hence why I have joined this group hoping that talking & sharing will make me feel better.
Who has felt the same? How did you find the motivation to get through each day? Looking forward to hearing your stories. KK

Re: PCOS clomid & looking for hope..

Postby Danaa » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:59 pm

Hello and welcome!!
I wanted to tell you taht you are not alone!I had an abortion when I was close to 19 and I thought I was being punished in a way for that but I just found out that I'm pregnant so there is hope.I don't have any experience with clomid but I do hope it works
For you.Did u got ur tubes checked out?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018

Re: PCOS clomid & looking for hope..

Postby witchypoo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:49 pm

Just another person popping in to tell you to not beat yourself up over making a responsible choice when you were 16. I had an abortion when I was younger and am pregnant now at 39. A reaction to a positive pregnacy test should joy - not "please no no no" and crying in complete fear. Children should be planned for and wanted, the world would be a much better place if everyone followed that rule.

Be proud you have waited until you were ready to become a mother responsibly. Think of it this way, you probably wouldn't be with your husband or where you are today if you had been forced into motherhood as a unprepared teenager. Everything happened as it was meant to - it will only make sure you value your future child even more. You''re still young and have many years ahead of you to have children, so relax.

I do not have PCOS but a good friend does so I'm here reading up to be supportive & understand.

Return to PCOS Support