My Intro + Story

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

My Intro + Story

Postby Jamila1993 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi all, I am new to the forum so I thought I would introduce myself and give a brief background on how I was diagnosed with PCOS.

I am Jamila and 23 years old. I went off the BC pill on July 18 and have been TTC since August 1st with my fiance (also 23).

My first cycle off the pill was 40 days long, nothing seemed out of the ordinary except for perhaps the length between my periods. Had withdrawal bleeding for 7 days. Went to an OB/GYN who ordered some labs for me, and discovered I had high testosterone levels.

My second cycle (first natural cycle) was 36 days long. I began tracking my BBT, my CM, and my CP. My temps always stayed below 97.0 F. I then saw 4 days of EWCM and my cervix was SHOW, and so I thought I had O'd on CD 13. CD 21, my BBT spiked to 97.5 for one day, then dropped the day after. On CD 23, I began spotting very lightly. A few days later, I had an ultrasound done to determine if I had polycystic ovaries. I did. After observing cysts on my ovaries as well as my hirsutism, overweight, and irregular menstrual periods, my PCP officially diagnosed me with PCOS. I had the spotting for about two weeks, then I experienced period-like flow and counted this as the start of my menstrual flow. This menses lasted 15 days.

Now on my 3rd cycle, I am still temping and had very steady BBTs below 97.0 from CD 1 - 20. I then had a spike on CD 21 to 97.68 F, followed by a drop back to 97.0 the next day. I am now experiencing the light spotting again. I have not experienced EWCM and my cervix has remained pretty much low and hard. I have an appointment to see an endocrinologist next week and I hope to figure everything out.

I'll post my very strange looking charts here. The first was my last cycle, the second is my current cycle. I am also losing weight/eating cleaner in hopes of healing my hormone imbalances. Thanks for reading!

Jamila1993

Re: My Intro + Story

Postby FosterMom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Welcome to the site. Just an FYI..Taking D3 can help shrink cysts naturally. I had cysts since I was 15 both on ovaries and in breast tissue, some of which I had to have removed. I did a study on D3 and its health benefits. D3 taken with a serum level of 23,000-32000iu can prevent many diseases including cancer. It shrinks all types of cysts and humans can take up to 100,000 a day but I would not suggest it. A nice level of 3-5,000 a day will do. Talk to your doctor about a healthy level for you and start on it !!! Cheap from Walmart.
FosterMom

Return to PCOS Support