TTC with PCOS - possible Ovulation?

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC with PCOS - possible Ovulation?

Postby Lou26 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi lovely ladies!
Abit of background;
My fiancé and I have been trying on and off casually for a couple of years.
I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago, and for the most part I don't ovulate or get a period. I see AF once a year. I recently had a laparoscopic surgery to remove a 7cm ovarian cyst (5th sep 16) and a D&C. My first AF after surgery was a spot on 28 day cycle, I was astounded! and after some research discovered "ovarian drilling" is a procedure that can prompt ovulation in women with PCOS and I think removing the cyst may have worked in the same way. My question/s -

Spotting mid cycle is within the norm for me, but usually during long cycles and it's usually slightly different (old brown blood which reaches my underwear for a day or two) on the 4th NOV I had very slight pink tinged CM mixed in with EWCM. Usually when I don't ovulate, ill get multiple surges of EWCM throughout my cycle, but that didn't happen this time. Only the one surge. BD on the day after I noticed CM, which was the second last day I noticed the EWCM. I feel as if progesterone is present in me (constipated, bloated, full breasts etc) so I think there's a good chance I have ovulated and am in the LP stage right now, as I don't feel this way before O, but I just can't be sure I ovulated without temping or using OPK's.
I did feel a small twinge for two consecutive days on 16/17th low down on the left (ovary side that was operated on) which may have been implantation..but again, maybe not. Could have been anything!

If I ovulated at all, during any day between 4/8th, AF would be due already..do you think this is my PCOS playing tricks again? Could my LP be extra long for some reason other than stress? Or perhaps it's still too early if I implanted late?

*Oh one more thing that's out of the ordinary for me, I usually feel AF coming on for a week or two before with very sore breasts, backache, cramps, nose bleed, etc...but I currently don't feel that way..last week I had a nose bleed for 3 days which went away and no AF! (Last month I had my nose bleed for the whole week leading up to AF)
I took a HPT on 21st using FMU which was BFN and I'm going to test again at the end of the week, I just don't want to get my hopes up, I've seen so many BFN'S over the years..what do you think? Sorry this is so long! ANY opinions or experiences are welcome :)
Xxx
Lou26

Re: TTC with PCOS - possible Ovulation?

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi Lou, I don't have experience with PCOS to comment on, but I can share what I DO know. Let's assume you ovulated the 8th. A fertilized egg can survive 12 days at most without implanting. So let's assume you implanted at the very tail end of that, 12 dpo. That would be yesterday. After implantation, it can take 2 to 5 days for hcg to increase enough to show up on a hpt. So, with that in mind, I would say that if you are pregnant, you should be able to get a positive test by the 25th. I certainly hope that's the case for you! It sounds like you've had a rough go of things, so it would be nice to catch a break. Good luck!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to PCOS Support