PCOS and Provera

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

PCOS and Provera

Postby TTCbabykidd » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:55 pm

I'm 23 and TTC with PCOS. My husband and I have been together for 6 years and got married this past August. We decided shortly after that we were ready to expand our little family. I went to my Dr since I have a history of super irregular periods. She took me off all medications and we tried all natural for 3 months with nothing, not even a period for 2 of the 3 months. I went back to the Dr today and was started on Provera 10mg to take for 7 days then to track my cycle from there. Just wondering if anyone else out there is either on this same path or has tried this in the past.
TTCbabykidd

Re: PCOS and Provera

Postby Danaa » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Hello and welcome!!
I hope u get ur bfp really soon!!
After teh provera will your doctor monitor you or just let it all happen naturally for a while ?
To me it sounds like you are not ovulating,are you willing to give clomid or Gemara a try to help or you want a more natural approach ?
You could join one of the buddy groups here,you willare find a lot of support and information Z
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCLittlestLogan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:44 am

Hi!

I am on my first cycle of Provera and Clomid. I was given Provera 10mg to take for 7 days to jumpstart a "period" or better known as a withdrawal bleed, then 50mg Clomid to take on days 5-9 of that cycle. I am currently on iin the intercourse phase, which is done on days 11-21, every other day. My blood tests are Wednesday to see how my body reacted to the meds. My bleeding starting on days 7 of taking the Provera. Most posts I had read said they didn't get any bleeding until 7-14 days after their last Provera pill. Before starting me on Provera, I had bloodwork done to include an Ovarian Assessment. Everything came back normal/good so im just praying this system works well for us. I will update you on my blood test results to see how well, or not, the meds worked for us!

It's a bit stressful, I know. But keep your head up, stay in good spirits, and claim it! Stay prayerful! Sending TONS of baby dust your way!
TTCLittlestLogan
Friend

Postby Danaa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:19 am

TTCLittlestLogan wrote:Hi!

I am on my first cycle of Provera and Clomid. I was given Provera 10mg to take for 7 days to jumpstart a "period" or better known as a withdrawal bleed, then 50mg Clomid to take on days 5-9 of that cycle. I am currently on iin the intercourse phase, which is done on days 11-21, every other day. My blood tests are Wednesday to see how my body reacted to the meds. My bleeding starting on days 7 of taking the Provera. Most posts I had read said they didn't get any bleeding until 7-14 days after their last Provera pill. Before starting me on Provera, I had bloodwork done to include an Ovarian Assessment. Everything came back normal/good so im just praying this system works well for us. I will update you on my blood test results to see how well, or not, the meds worked for us!

It's a bit stressful, I know. But keep your head up, stay in good spirits, and claim it! Stay prayerful! Sending TONS of baby dust your way!

Good Luck to you !!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCLittlestLogan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Thank you! Blood tests came back and my doc said I ovulated! Now, I have to wait another week to test, unless I get my period. If I get my cycle or a negative test, it's on to cycle two of the clomid. I'm having really unusual symptoms for an arriving period. One is constipation and another is only mild cramping. I have the WORSE PMS known to woman so i'm a little miffed right now. I dont want to get my hopes up because I know clomid could be the cause of all of this. However, I wont be too devastated if I get A BFN. We ended up missing a BD day due to my husband TDYing in the middle of it for a couple of days, (military). I'm just happy to know the meds at least worked.
TTCLittlestLogan
Friend

Postby TeaPotts » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Just wondering if you've tested yet, or if AF has paid her visit!
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCLittlestLogan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm on my second cycle of clomid. Currently CD6. I take my clomid CD5-9. Going to make sure we stick to the whole schedule this time! My AF didn't come and I kept testing negative. I had to take another round of provera to bring on my period. However, I didn't make it through all 10 pills. Cycle showed up after 3rd provera pill.
TTCLittlestLogan
Friend

Return to PCOS Support