I need advice, please!

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

I need advice, please!

Postby Holly128 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Long story short, ever since I first got my period at age 13, it never came back. I'm 24 now and .My doctor put me on Metformin to start my periods but that didn't work.. I have no cysts on ovaries and all my hormone levels are normal but she says I have pcos. Now she wants me to start taking Provera to induce periods. My husband just gave us the okay about trying to have a baby and I am super excited! BUT, what am I supposed to do now that I'm supposed to be taking Provera?? I'm so confused. :( If anyone has any advice, please help.
Holly128

Re: I need advice, please!

Postby kellyK1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:08 am

Hello holly123, I can understand the problem you are currently facing. I can understand your concern regarding this. You should stop worrying about this first of all. If you are confused about the doctor’s decision to go for a second or third opinion as well. It’s better to be satisfied mentally before proceeding for any medication. I hope you find positive results after medication. Wishing all luck to you and your husband. Hope my reply helps you in some way.
kellyK1
Friend

Return to PCOS Support