PCOS diet

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

PCOS diet

Postby happyjj » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:32 am

hi, on be half of my wife. we have been ttc for a year. after this time period we visited the doctor and was diagnosed of PCOS. she has been taking prescription and we saw 2 eggs and were trying when the doctor recommended days. today we failed. we are feeling very sad. im not sure if this process will give us the fighting chance to conceive or how much of a chance. my question is, if any of you are on a particular diet that may help, please let us know. my wife started a diet where she won't eat breakfast but at 12pm will eat lunch and dinner. nothing passed 8 pm. for me i thought breakfast was pretty important but do any of you think otherwise? please let me know, thank you all in advance.
happyjj

Re: PCOS diet

Postby Alana90 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:00 am

You know one thing that PCOS often tends to raise the insulin or you say blood sugar level. And that means you got to have control over sugary food. And more carbohydrate food. Add some high fiber food in your diet and that would be worth taking. I never heard about doctors suggesting some diet concerns over PCOS. They must do that. Diet has been the main concern in PCOS. You could take Whole food and that would be fish meat vegetable and all. I never heard about skipping breakfast. But all you could do is change your diet a bit. And that would be much helpful.
Alana90

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:02 am

Hi, honey, I'm sorry about this. Food plays a huge role, there are 'good foods' and 'bad foods' for PCOS, just look on pinterest or google. I take that into consideration, but I am a firm believer in eating for your body type, so I adjusted it. If we're talking about weight loss, it's always a hard work, but worth it. As the saying goes, "The food you put into your body either helps to nourish and heal, or it poisons." This could not be truer for us, PCOS ladies. Hope you're feeling better. Keep posting.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby annawilliam » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Hey, hope you are doing well. i am so sorry to hear about you guys. I so loved this post. I can feel your concern about your wife. this really reminded me of my husband. He does the same. Anyways, i think she is following a very wrong diet. There are so many healthy diets she can start. You should watch videos on you tube as well. As i wanted to lose some weight, so i followed so many channels. There are diets for PCOS patients. You should must watch videos on you tube. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. She must not skip it at any cost. It will make her weak inside. And do take good care of herself. She must be going through because of this. She needs your emotional support much more than ever. I hope things go well with you guys. I am praying a lot for you guys. Best of luck!
annawilliam
Friend

Return to PCOS Support