Sad,confused

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Sad,confused

Postby Indicara » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:53 am

Hi everyone!so i was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 13. Now at age 21 im ttc. I've been on metformin Since March and still no pregnancy. I get my period every month since i have been on it. I took a blood test on the 23rd of May after missing my period which was supposed to come on the 19th...it was a bfn. On the 31st i went in and talked to my doctor and he said my progestrone was low meaning i didn't ovulate that month. Literally right after i left his office i noticed some bleeding. My "period" was late very light and very short which is very unusual for me... Im showing every possible symptom but i keep getting bfn. Wondering if anyone has any advice or just even kind words. Thank you
Indicara

Re: Sad,confused

Postby BeeCee33 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:09 pm

If it was a true anovulatory cycle, then a late, light period would be understandable. The other thing to look into is clomid or letrozole. Even if you O on your own, it may be weak/immature and one of those two could help with egg quality, thereby developing a stronger corpus luteum and higher progesterone, which will prepare your lining for implantation.

Lastly, if you O'd late, it could just be too early to test. Light bleeding around implantation and in the early weeks of pregnancy is fairly common. If you do get a positive test soon, be aware that sometimes ectopic pregnancies aren't detectable until after a period. Just pay attention to any weird symptoms you may have in that case, but especially abdominal pain and pain in one shoulder blade.

Hope that info helps. Good luck!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:56 am

Some kind words from me honey :hugs: I cannot be of much help with this very issue. I have endo & pcos which makes things differ. Moreover I'm ripe aged with ivf cycles behind for a kid. I know how much pcos could be bothering. God love you poor thing. I’m so sorry you are going through this. Will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong!
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckybenson » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:45 am

Hey. How are you doing? I hope you are feeling better now. I'm sorry to hear about your bfns. Girl, that happens. I think you should try again for a month or so. Make sure your diet is healthy during this. You should workout too if that suits you. If nothing happens, talk to your doctor about it. You know IVF works best for women with PCOS. If you don't want to make this more complex and waste time you should consider this treatment. But make sure to choose a good clinic for it. Some have a really low success rate of IVF. You don't want to risk anything including money. I know of a good place you could go too for the procedure though. You should consider this.
Last edited by beckybenson on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
beckybenson
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby evi stewart » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:19 am

Hey! I am confused and worried about your situation. I was also diagnosed PCOS at the early stage of my puberty. That is the reason that it`s been 5 years of my marriage but I am still ttc. But I would suggest you to not lose hope. Stay strong and be positive. Take great care of your diet and do not take stress. I am sure it would help you to regular your periods and would surely contribute in your ttc.
evi stewart
Friend

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:35 am

Indicara wrote:Hi everyone!so i was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 13. Now at age 21 im ttc. I've been on metformin Since March and still no pregnancy. I get my period every month since i have been on it. I took a blood test on the 23rd of May after missing my period which was supposed to come on the 19th...it was a bfn. On the 31st i went in and talked to my doctor and he said my progestrone was low meaning i didn't ovulate that month. Literally right after i left his office i noticed some bleeding. My "period" was late very light and very short which is very unusual for me... Im showing every possible symptom but i keep getting bfn. Wondering if anyone has any advice or just even kind words. Thank you

Hi honey! Just wanted to ask for some updates from you. I have both endo and pcos. And all my life facing troubles with periods - in time and delayed, short and long,heavy and light etc. :doh: It was so frustrating!
What was that shorter (than always) period for you?
Hope you're well.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BettyJames » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:55 am

Hey there Dear. How are you doing? I hope its al great. I am really happy that you reached out. You are at the right place for advice. It really breaks my heart to think about it. I know the issues you must be having. I wish I could help. PCOS is one harsh thing. I know a lot of people who have faced it. I am not an expert, however, I could only suggest keep trying. I am sure things will get better. I have seen a lot of people get successful. I wish you good luck. Lots o love and support.
BettyJames

Postby Janeen1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:54 am

Hey, honey. I hope you're doing alright. TTC is such a difficult time. I just wanna let you know that I'm here for you! I can understand. I had a similarly tough TTC. I had to end up choosing IVF. They told me I was infertile. It was really weird. Because, first just like you, I had a lot of symptoms. And, then suddenly unexplained infertility? I tried being Sherlock Holmes for quite a while but realized I'd be better off choosing alternatives. It was a good decision. I hope you don't have to! I hope you conceive naturally. My prayers are with you. You can do this!
Janeen1

Postby Pliskova » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:02 am

Hey, there. I just want to wish you luck. This is a tough time. But, it will pass! Good luck to you. I hope things get better. You can do this, honey.
Pliskova
Friend

Postby Dakota1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Oh dear. This is very saddening. I feel so bad for you. How are you doing? I know infertility can be so tiring. Do not give up though. You are not alone. I have been TTC for 6 years. I hope you have better chances than I did. Do not stress too much.
Dakota1
Friend

Postby nathalie335 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:29 pm

Hello dear. How are you now? I cannot even imagine what you must have been through. Do not stress out too much. Have you contacted your doctor? I think you think you should get an appointment and get this checked. I hope everything is fine. Love and best wishes.
nathalie335
Friend

Return to PCOS Support