Sudden Period Stop

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Sudden Period Stop

Postby WillowTree » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone had experience or heard of someone's period stopping suddenly after stopping birth control?

I'm self diagnosed PCOS
I had been on birth control for three or four years. During this time my period was regular, due to the pills I guess. I stopped taking it in February and since then my period has been very regular, every thirty days. This month, seven months later, my period just stopped. I'm four days late at this point. We've been ttc, but I have been having a very hard time with tracking and had basically concluded that I'm not ovulating at all(I have a dr's appointment later this month to deal with that). I took a PT two days ago, just in case and got a BFN. I know that a lack of period is common in PCOS. I guess I'm just thrown off that it stopped so suddenly. One more problem to deal with in this journey.

Has anyone had this happen before?
WillowTree

Re: Sudden Period Stop

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:29 pm

What makes you think you aren't ovulating? While I've heard stories of people with regular periods having PCOS, it's usually due to weak ovulation, not no ovulation, since ovulation and the subsequent rise and fall of progesterone is what triggers you to bleed. My guess is that you are ovulating and this cycle you ovulated later than usual.
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to PCOS Support