Still waiting for AF

TTC with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? Find support here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Still waiting for AF

Postby lilin » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:25 pm

I was diagnosed with PCOS in Oct 2005. i started on Met(500mg) right away..it made me so sick and gain weight(21lbs..i am already overweight didn't need that)) so i stopped taking it. i lost 45lbs after i stopped taking and just dealt with the crazy cycles..but for me its weird because i bleed sometimes for more than a month or nothing at all.

In Sept 2006 i had a really bad AF i should have went to the ER. It felt like labor pains and i was using a new pad every 30 to 60 minutes. I thought YAY my cycles are back..so in November with no AF i took a HPT it was a BFP i went to my OB/GYN a week later and a blood test was negative. WTH?!?! (could that bad AF have been a miscarriage? or a bad HPT?)

I started back on the MET(500mg) in October. still no AF this month. But there have been a couple months where i got really sore bb's and bright blue veins. I thought i was ovulating. Obviously i wasn't cause AF never came. I am thinking maybe she should up my dosage to 1000mg a day.

My cycles were always normal 28-30 days before i got pregnant. After i lost the baby i thought TTC would be easy..but no. :x
lilin

Postby angel~eyes » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:57 pm

You are the first person that has said that Met caused a weight gain! I thought I was the ONLY one! Everyone talks about how it is so great and helps them lose weight... but why am I gaining?!?! I've gained about 20lbs since starting it... (I started Clomid at the same time so I think that has a little to do with it) and I feel awful! Everything I read says that it's the opposite though.. I even asked my doc about it and she didn't really have any answers for me. :dunno:

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time with TTC. I can't imagine your frustrations.. It's hard to get anywhere when your cycles are so wacky! Good :luck: to you and I hope that you do get PG soon!! :D :hugs:

-Angie
Me - 29
DH - 31
TTC #1 since June 2005
IVF/ICSI - 4/08 - :bfp:
"When you know better, you do better."
angel~eyes
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to PCOS Support