Question on lap recovery

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Question on lap recovery

Postby Hopefulrosey » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:22 am

Hello all beautiful ladies,

I just got booked for a lap on 19th March, after a very disappointing 1st attempt at ivf. My blood work showed that I might have stage 2 endo.

All was fine until the nurse confused me about the recovery. The thing is I am travelling on 30th March, a 12 hour long flight. When the nurse found out, she told me this might not be enough recovery time in case there are complications (10 days, not enough??). I was under the impression that lap recovery doesn't need more than few days. She booked me anyway as I said I will take the risk and get done with lap asap. If I delay my lap, it will delay our 2nd ivf as well. I really don't want to waste anymore time.

The question to you all is: how long did it take for you to recover from lap? If you didn't have a lap yourself, feel free to share experiences of your friends or family.

Any tips, suggestions,advice will be highly appreciated.

Babydust to all.... Hope 2018 is our year.
TTC#1 since Feb 2016
Me: Rosey, 33, mild endo
DH: 32, 4 SAs. varies between normal to MFI :doh:
IUI #1 Sep'17 - BFN and ended up with 2x 20mm+ cysts
IUI #2 Nov'17 - cancelled. O'd spontaneously on CD10 before trigger
IUI #3 Dec'17 BFN... moving on to IVF in 2018
IVF #1 - ER (16 follies,14 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilised), 3d transfer of 3 embies (only 1x 8 cell, 2x 4 cell), no frosties, BFN
Lap Mar'18 - Dx mild endo
IVF #2 - Jul'18 - ER (10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised), 5d transfer of 2 expanding blasts, 1x frozen, BFN

Nautural BFP while waiting for FET :D Beta #1 968, Beta #2 12000+, HB: 168
Hopefulrosey
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Question on lap recovery

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Rosey i had a lap after 4 failed iui and i was really fine right after. I did take it real easy. Had a follow up a week later was on estrogen for two weeks and then my period came right after. Waited another cycle to try another iui which unfortunately also fail. However that could also no be the case of everyone.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:23 pm

I had a lap but only unblocked my tubes and removed some adhesions,nothing major and I was ready to leave the hospital after 12h and the recovery was easy peasy but of course it depends,we are all so
Different.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 am

I have my last lapo procedure done June last year. As I was diagnosed with a left adnexal cyst have a right endometrioma or hemorrhagic cyst measuring up to 2.7 cm in largest diameter. After the procedure, doctor told me that it turned out to be just an infection on both of my tubes. They had it cleaned and drained. 
Every person is different, and so is every surgery. They tell you it's a few days, but I always need at least a week to resume my normal activities, like laundry, etc. Take your time when you get back to doing things. If you have problems call your dr and see if there is something you can take without knocking you out.
Hope this message finds you strong and healthy. :hugs:
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Endometriosis