Waiting on post op appt - Do I have endo??

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Waiting on post op appt - Do I have endo??

Postby MaybeBaby#2 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi there,

I have been a member of this board for years! I previously was Dahlia5281 if anyone remembers me :)

Anyway, I will try to make this short, but I just had something "click" in my head today and got to researching.

I have ALWAYS suffered from ovarian cysts since my period began when I was 13 or 14 (I am 24 now, btw). I eventually got used to the pain and never seeked help unless I had severe pain and would go to the ER to have them checked for ruptures and such and grab some pain pills and be on my way. Well 3 weeks ago I was having weird constant pain and went in and discovered a softball sized cyst that I had to have removed laprascopically due to it feeling "firm" to the Doc. When I woke up they said they removed the cyst but also removed a bunch of scar tissue from my intestines and ovary on the other side.....but that's all I have heard since then, because my appt isn't for a few days....

I have had 3 miscarriages, and one son (finally!) and sex is always pretty painful. I have almost a constant "bloat" to my lower belly and it's always tender.... oh yeah, and the CONSTANT dull ache lower back pain..... did I finally figure out what's wrong with me?! :|

I have mentioned things here and there over the years to Doc's but have always received the "you're fine" sort of brush off move they do, because I am still sure I have some autoimmune disorder that causes body pain also. I think due to that I don't complain much unless I am in excruciating pain....

I am hoping that maybe one of you can give me alittle insight as to whether or not this sounds correct....

Thanks in advance!
MaybeBaby#2

Postby Annabelle_M » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:19 pm

I have endo and was dx over 10 years ago so I will try to help. It really sounds like it could be endo that you're experiencing but it could have been the cyst causing all the symptoms too. If I were you, I'd call the dr's office and demand answers. It's your body and you have a right to know. Good luck and keep us posted.
NP since 2005, TTC #1 since June 09
DF dx varicocele, awaiting surgery
RE July 14th
Laparoscopy Sept. 6 (FINALLY after 10 years of pain, I will have my endo removed)

"Even miracles take a little time." ~Cinderella

My Blog: http://annabelle-isile.blogspot.com/

"Sometimes it's hard to conceive,
With all that I've got,
And all I've achieved,
What I want most
Before my time is gone,
Is to hear the words
"I love you, Mom"
I would die for that."
" width="0" height="0" alt="User avatar" />
Annabelle_M
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby JessM » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Unfortunately, so many doctors brush off pelvic pain when it really is something serious. I have endo and have had cysts a few times, along with two laparoscopies. They found the endo the first surgery, and cleaned it out and then did a course of Lupron. You can't be sure if its endo or not until they do the biopsy, but it sounds like me! Especially with the lower back pain, which they always told me I was crazy for complaining about, but its true.

IT'S A BOY!
Declan 12/31/11 at 10:29 PM
JessM

Return to Endometriosis