Possible endo or am I just being "neurotic"?

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Possible endo or am I just being "neurotic"?

Postby JB7764 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:51 pm

So let me give some back story first:

I stopped taking my BCP in Nov of 09 and it didn't seem to effect my cycle too much. I've have a few longer cycles in the beginning (usually around 29-31 days), the longest being 37 days (I'll explain that cycle later), but they now are 27-29 days consistently.

The 37 day cycle (about 9 months after stopping the pill) I SWORE I was pregnant. I was a week late, felt nauseous if I didn't always have something in my stomach, I was extremely thirsty (which caused me to pee a lot), I was bloated like crazy, and I had sore breast. But out of the 6 HPTs none were positive. Then one day I felt "normal" again and a day or two later I got AF.

Now, I wanted to bring up that longer cycle just because It's the weirdest cycle out of all 22 of my TTC cycles. I'm sure I just had myself convinced I was pregnant when I was in no way pregnant because I wanted it so badly.

That was also the start of weirder symptoms. Ever since that month:
I always get extremely thirsty around AF time and sometimes O time.
I cramp randomly throughout my cycle with both O like pains and AF like cramps.
(TMI) I get a painful AF; such as cramping (some of which I am sure is normal) but I also get a sharp pain that seems like it's in my cervix when I am in the first 2-3 days of AF which are also heavier and pretty clotty (clots causing the pain?)
(TMI) I get kind of painful BMs that are also softer during the first few days of AF.
I get random nausea and bloating throughout the cycle.
And I get some painful ovulation cramps on some months that get so bad that when I walk I can feel my ovary rubbing against something and it isn't comfortable at all then other months I don't feel anything. I assume this has something to do with cysts on one of ovaries consistently every time I O from that side, but I don't know for sure if that is related to endo or not.

I don't know if this means that I could have endo or if I just read some list of symptoms and think that I have it just because we have been trying for so long with nothing to show other then a probably psuedo pregnancy cycle once. I could be looking for an excuse, but right now I don't have a way to have a doctor tell me whats going on because it all has to be out of pocket.

I have looked up the endo diet and it basically said to me "stop eating everything that you eat." Plus I have low iron and vitamin D (the iron isn't a surprise to me because I don't eat much meats, but the Vitamin D was since I LOVE diary, so I'm not sure if that was accurate or not) and I'm not sure how I would be able to keep those levels up with my diet if I cut out diary and meat.

I also want to mention that I have tried taking EPO and flaxseed oil and fish oil (a website said they can help with the symptoms of endo) and it seemed to give me more painful AFs with little effects on my CM. Has anyone with a diagnosed case of endo had that problem with those?
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

DH's SA results (abstention- 5 days):
Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:
TSH: 1.320 uIU/ml
FSH: 6.34 miU/ml
Prolactin: 8.3 ng/ml
Progesterone: 4.41 ng/ml
1st Clomid cycle: March 2013

HSG 10/2/13 showed everything clear and looking good

1/1/2016 BFP: 1/4/016 MC @ 5 weeks :angel:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JessM » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:28 pm

I have endo, my main symptoms were extremely painful periods (almost debilitating) but then after years I got a giant cyst which ended up being an endometrioma, and they removed all of the endo. The only way to diagnose endo is with a lap unfortunately.

My period also had lots of clots, which is also a symptom of endo.

I would say definitely take a vit D supplement and an iron supplement.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

IT'S A BOY!
Declan 12/31/11 at 10:29 PM
JessM

Postby JB7764 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:16 pm

You were plenty helpful considering the only way to truly diagnosis is with the lap :D Congrats on conceiving! How long did you try before you got preggo?
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

DH's SA results (abstention- 5 days):
Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL