Twitching/contracting uterus

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Twitching/contracting uterus

Postby Lulubee » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm quite new to TTC - currently in the TWW for cycle number 4 - but am wondering if I have endo.

I have pre-AF spotting for about 4 days or so (brown), which I've had for the past few years but not always. And I get increasingly clotty AFs these days - with some big clots. I don't get a heap of pain but I know not everyone does.

The oddest thing - and the thing I'm wondering about most is that ever since we started TTC - literally a couple of days after our first unprotected BD - I have been getting strange uterine contractions. It literally feels like my uterus is squeezing just for a second and then releasing. They are quite strong - so much so that DH can feel them if he rests his hand on my stomach. They are not painful but I do feel midly crampy in general down there. They seem to be completely random and not necessarily in a row. I might get one and then not get another for several hours or even a couple of days - or I might get dozens in a day. One thing I've noticed this cycle is that they are at their most frequent during the early luteal phase. I think they occur throughout my entire cycle but they've really ramped up since O this time around. I've been reading a bit today and over the weekend that a common problem with endo. is the over-production of prostaglandins, which result in the uterus contracting too strongly and when it's not supposed to - which interferes with conception, implantation etc.

I was just wondering if anyone also experiences such contractions/twitches and if you think I do have endo. based on these symptoms?

I'm looking into this with an ob/gyn but it's early days so I'm just trying to figure things out.

Thanks so much
Lulubee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MsBehavior » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:39 am

Hi! I have not had any of these types of symptoms. Is it around the time that you are ovulating? I can feel when I ovulate and it can be painful sometimes, but otherwise it is like a throbbing. My endo symptoms are very painful, mostly during my period and intercourse. However I am not a ob gyn so for sure, if I was you I would ask my doctor.

Good Luck to you!
MsBehavior

Postby Lulubee » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks so much MsBehaviour.
The twitching started around ovulation time - just after - but it does seem to continue throughout my entire cycle. It's much less during the follicular phase though. But seems to really ramp up following O. I'm now 6 DPO and it seems to have calmed a bit today but the last five days it's been going crazy. It's not like a throbbing, it feels like a strange muscle twitch - or like something moving. It's so strange. It just kinda feels like my uterus squeezes for just a second and then relaxes. I'd never experienced this until we started TTC so my DH wonders if my body is in some way reacting to his sperm, but I don't think it's that because the twitching doesn't necessarily correlate to when we BD.

From reading on the net I think perhaps it could be something to do with too much of a certain prostaglandin, resulting in these strong twitches that I wouldn't normally feel. And from what I've read, twitching during the luteal phase - which is when this is mostly happening - is bad and interferes with fertilisation and implantation. So am feeling very bummed and very out this cycle. Just really wanting to get some answers and work out what the heck is going on with me!! Hopefully the ob/gyn will be able to pin point it. Having a CD21 blood test tomorrow and an ultrasound next cycle, and then maybe further investigations down the track.

Will let people know if I find out anything - in case it's of use.

Thanks heaps
Lulubee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lulubee » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Just thought I'd update that I'm scheduled for a lap. on December 9. So I'll hopefully work out if I do have endo. and what this twitching might be.

Will update again - in case this is useful for anyone.
Lulubee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lulubee » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Another update! I just got my :bfp: last night at 12 DPO - a week before my scheduled laparoscopy, which I'll now cancel!!

Really hope it's a sticky bean!!
Lulubee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Endometriosis