Are these symptoms of Endometriosis?

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Are these symptoms of Endometriosis?

Postby paradise4 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Ladies, I have been trying to find all the info I can online about Endo but can't quite seem to find much that match my symptoms. My number one symptom I have is a LOT of cramping and it ALWAYS starts in about a week before my period. This cycle at 5 dpo it kicked in full gear and was strong. The days following that they seem to lighten up but last all day long up until my next period. The part that gets to me is that they last all day long. I could see getting cramps on and off but why do mine want to stick around and nag until af? One of the things that make me think it ISNT Endometriosis is that I have and have had very light periods for years. The symptoms of Endo that I have read say that your periods are usually very heavy. I did have one period back in August that wasn't exactly heavy but I passed about 4 huge clots the size of my fist. This I had never done before and had me quite worried. I wasn't pregnant because I kept testing and always got a negative so I don't think it was a chemical pregnancy either. For 2 weeks before I passed those clots I had horrible cramping that never let up until that period. After that period, everything was normal. In fact, that period was still very short. I usually only fill up one pad during each period. I am ttc my 5th child right now and have been trying for 4 months now with no luck whatsoever. I keep wondering if it may have something to do with all these cramps from Hell that I get every cycle, but like I said, I had these cramps when I conceived my last pregnancy. My doctor even told me that it didn't matter if my periods were light as long as I WAS having a period still. I worry too about my age which is 39 cause I know the older I get, the harder it will be to concieve. I don't think it is my husbands fertility since he never has had a problem before. He has been on blood pressure meds since we had our last child so that makes me wonder if it could have affected his sperm or not. From what I've read, I don't think it has, I really believe it all lies with me. So, could all this cramping i am having be endometriosis even though my periods are light? Right now I am at 8 dpo and the cramping has lasted all day long and since 5 dpo. They usually will until I start af which should be due by the 13th or 14th. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks for reading.
paradise4
Friend

Postby socialite_baby » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:05 pm

It's possible it could be endo, but with clots that big I'm leaning more toward a possible polyp that you passed which can sometimes have similar symptoms. That could also be partially blocking your uterine lining from fully shedding/releasing seemingly causing a light AF. It's definitely possible to have light flows with endo though. I would see your doctor and compare symptoms to see what he/she thinks... I know with my endo I start cramping about halfway through my TWW too, but it's mainly when I move and they're on/off, never very constant. Good luck! :D
Lindsay (Mild Endo, thin PCOS, Hypothyroid, implantation failure)
TTC #1 for 7.5 years...

April - November 2011 - 7 Rounds of 50 mg Clomid, 3 IUIs. All BFN.
February - March, June 2012 - 3 Rounds 5 mg Femara. BFN.
April 2012 - "Immune Protocol" Follistim IUI. BFN.
May 2012 - Diagnosed activated natural killer cells and told we'll NEVER conceive naturally... *treatment break*
October 2015 - IVF #1. OHSS. Freeze all. 9 blasts on ice.
November 2015 - FET #1. BFN.
January 2016 - Holy *NATURAL* BFP!!! WTF?! First ultrasound 2/1/2016. Praying for a healthy sticky baby. <3
socialite_baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Endometriosis