Cycles after Lap and D&C?

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cycles after Lap and D&C?

Postby lisab » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:14 am

I had my first Lap on 11.22.11. I also had a D&C during that time. They found Stage II Endo throughout my uterus, scar tissue on my right ovary, and a uterine septum. All was removed/repaired.

They had me taking Estrogen tablets to re-build my lining, which I'm still on. My first cycle was only like 22 days long, with a shorter LP, and spotting for 3 days before AF :( Ugh.. I'm sure my body was just healing still.

Now I'm on my 2nd cycle post-op. AF was really painful and heavy, lasting longer than usual. Maybe because of the Estrogen making my lining thicker? Or the surgery?

Anyway, did you have shorter cycles after the Lap? If so, when did they improve? Did you have painful AF's like me? I hope my next one isn't like that.

I'm so happy I did it though! I never thought I had so much wrong! Thanks.
Lisa~30 :love: Andy~30
:angel: Many early losses due to autoimmune and blood clotting disorders

*~My Blog~*

After 6+ years of waiting & 3 years, 8 months of seriously trying...
Our miracle arrived August 3, 2013 ~ 5lbs, 8oz & 18 in
Totally worth the wait!

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly..."
lisab
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby socialite_baby » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:29 am

My first 3 cycles after my lap were extremely painful and heavy which I was told is common. I never got complete pain relief from it and it actually seemed like the lap made things worse. That's generally not how it is for most women though so don't worry! The estrogen probably doesn't help much either as it's known to encourage the growth of endo, but I understand why you're on it after the D&C.

My first 2 cycles after were pretty normal in length/O then they they started going crazy and getting long and irregular. I don't know if it had anything to do with the surgery or not though. They were like that for about 6 months or so and then I started Clomid so they "regulated" a bit. I'm sure your body is still trying to heal some and find a new normal! It's definitely frustrating in that transitional period though! Good luck!
Lindsay (Mild Endo, thin PCOS, Hypothyroid, implantation failure)
TTC #1 for 7.5 years...

April - November 2011 - 7 Rounds of 50 mg Clomid, 3 IUIs. All BFN.
February - March, June 2012 - 3 Rounds 5 mg Femara. BFN.
April 2012 - "Immune Protocol" Follistim IUI. BFN.
May 2012 - Diagnosed activated natural killer cells and told we'll NEVER conceive naturally... *treatment break*
October 2015 - IVF #1. OHSS. Freeze all. 9 blasts on ice.
November 2015 - FET #1. BFN.
January 2016 - Holy *NATURAL* BFP!!! WTF?! First ultrasound 2/1/2016. Praying for a healthy sticky baby. <3
socialite_baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lisab » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:14 am

Thanks girl!! It's good to know it's normal to be abnormal :) Ooh I hope those bad AF's go away, because they are worse than before by far! Good luck to you!! :luck: :babydustb:
Lisa~30 :love: Andy~30
:angel: Many early losses due to autoimmune and blood clotting disorders

*~My Blog~*

After 6+ years of waiting & 3 years, 8 months of seriously trying...
Our miracle arrived August 3, 2013 ~ 5lbs, 8oz & 18 in
Totally worth the wait!

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly..."
lisab
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Endometriosis