Endo, Lap, over 15+years on the pill-36 and TTC#1

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Endo, Lap, over 15+years on the pill-36 and TTC#1

Postby Di2012 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 am

Hi everyone. I noticed not many endo sufferers so I thought I would join in and introduce myself. When I was about 19/20 I had a lap and they found endo on my bowel, lower back, small instestine and left ovary. They were able to clean up my left ovary. I was told then to have kids because they did not know if I would be able to in the future if the endo kept progressing as it was. I was not in any spot to responsibly have a child so I chose to wait. A couple months after the lap the endo came back. The pain, the cramping, even my appointments during the exam were painful etc..You couldn't even hold a hot pizza on my lap or I would cramp up anyway...I then was on depo provera every 10 weeks without a break for 6 1/2 years. Then I was switched to the pill continously for about 10 years after that. My symptoms slowly began subsiding. Without having periods my body started feeling so much better until endo became something I told myself I used to have, as it was not something that ever began affecting me anymore. I had some IBS problems with scar tissue from surgery etc - otherwise I was feeling great. I was just married this year and I then got the go ahead from my Dr. to start trying and she felt positive I might be successful at conceiving. So here I am 36, and had ovulated successfully after 5 weeks off the pill. I just got through with AF and it was terribly painful. The pinching and pain was enough to make me want to refill the old pill and start it again so this all would stop. I am trying to be hopeful that a lot of the pain was due to me not having an AF for sooooo many years. And that the first AF was just going to be her back with a revenge lol. :af: To all you endo women, I hear and feel your pain.
Di2012

Return to Endometriosis