My (possible) endo symptoms and naturally reducing them

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

My (possible) endo symptoms and naturally reducing them

Postby JB7764 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:06 pm

I've posted on here before with concerns of having endo last year sometime. I still haven't had it confirmed that I have it or not, but I still feel that I do. Here's why:
-I have cramping all cycle long
-Constipation
-painful periods that include back aches, clotting, medium to heavy bleeding, color ranges from bright red to dark almost black, nauseating cramping
-painful O's. The pain can be a very sharp to a dull ache that lasts from before O until after. Sometimes it's up until AF. Some cycles my ovary swells up so much that I can feel it when I move. Maybe this is some kind of cyst related to endo? Sometimes I will even get a mild form of this pain when I'm not Oing.
-This is my newest symptom (or at least it's the one that has evolved and gotten worse). I'll get INTENSE pain that runs from my vagina down into my rectum. It will hurt sooo bad when I move. Sitting hurts, laying down hurts, walking hurts (when I do I have to be hunched over to keep from getting a feeling like I'm ripping something). I can't have BMs or even pass gas because just the slightest effort to push it out makes it hurt so much more. I'll feel a little bit of this pain around my uterine/bladder area, but it's mild. And when the pain starts to feel a little better, when I pee the pain will come back again, but it doesn't really hurt to actually empty my bladder (occasionally I will get a sharp pain in my bladder from emptying it completely). The pain from my vagina to my rectum will come back. I've learned that if I take a couple Aleve within 20 minutes the pain starts to go away and within an hour it can be almost completely gone enough for me to function the way I should. A heating pad on my vagina and rectum also helps a lot.
-I also am ALWAYS fatigued. Amount of sleep doesn't seem to matter much. I'm not sure if this is really an endo thing, but I've read it can be. I seem to not be able to function without coffee and even that doesn't really give me enough energy for the day. I think some of this may be diet. I've been trying to eat healthier but it's harder to do then I thought. I'm just not a fruit and veggie fan enough to get a good variety. But taking a multivitamin daily doesn't help, taking Vitamin D3 supplements didn't help (doc said I had low Vit D), taking a B vitamin complex didn't help (although I only did it for about a week). My TSH was somewhere around 2.06 and my doctor said that was normal. Though I've heard it was best to be around 1 or 1.5. And amount of sleep doesn't seem to matter, but less sleep will obviously make me worse, but more doesn't seem to help. So I assume there has to be a health issue other then my thyroid that is the culprit here.
-Occasional pain during intercourse. It seems to be mostly with deep penetration or when my cervix is low. So I think it mostly might be around AF time, but I'm not sure about that because I think some of the times it hurt it wasn't around AF, but it could have been. I don't track these symptoms as well as I should.
-Random bloating all cycle.
-And the worst symptom yet, infertility. It's been almost 3 years without a single pregnancy.

I'm not sure when I will be able to finally be diagnosed with this (I really feel I have endo), but until then I will just have to go off of my gut feeling.
Anyone else out there have these symptoms and have been diagnosed with Endo?

Anyone ever hear of Wobenzym N, Women's Best Friend, Natural Progesterone use, and DIM being used to naturally treat Endo? All of those supplements are included in a fertility kit called EndoWise Fertility Kit that can be found on a natural fertility site. It's supposed to be used over the course of 3 months for best effect and it's meant to cleanse the uterus of the scar tissue and adhesions with the use of enzyme therapy and correcting the levels of estrogen. I believe the kit is supposed to suppress ovulation for the 3 months while using the enzyme therapy and therefore reduce endo symptoms (using the progesterone cream from days 6-26ish for example and taking DIM which helps with estrogen levels).

I'm not sure if it's worth it or not (it costs about $160 for a one month supply!). There have been success stories, but it seems too good to be true and usually when it seems too good to be true it is. I am going to try the Women's Best Friend (WBF) and the Wobenzym N for sure. But I don't think I will use the others as they alter your estrogen levels and with me not being officially diagnosed I don't feel I should mess with hormone levels that much. But then again, those supplements are expensive just by themselves and if reducing estrogen levels is important and a major factor in reducing symptoms, then maybe it would be worth do the whole kit?

I just wanted to see what others thought of the natural remedies that are out there and see if anyone else experiences the symptoms I do. I don't know a whole lot about endo and it seems from what I do know that it's VERY hard to get rid of it permanently since the only surefire way to get rid of it is with surgery (I can't do it and probably wouldn't even if I could unless I absolutely had too. As it is now, my symptoms aren't as bad as I read they can be). And surgery isn't a guarantee since it's easy to miss some, and a little is all it takes for it to come back. But if there is even a little truth to the enzyme therapy, I think it would be worth trying.

What do you all think?
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

DH's SA results (abstention- 5 days):
Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:
TSH: 1.320 uIU/ml
FSH: 6.34 miU/ml
Prolactin: 8.3 ng/ml
Progesterone: 4.41 ng/ml
1st Clomid cycle: March 2013

HSG 10/2/13 showed everything clear and looking good

1/1/2016 BFP: 1/4/016 MC @ 5 weeks :angel:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rachkluz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:32 am

Hey,

I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis after ten long years of suffering with my periods. I have regular periods and the bleeding lasts up to seven days and is very heavy. The pain is so bad that i literally cannot move on my bad days and rely on baths, hot water bottles and codeine to get me through it.

I get nauseaus to the point of vomiting, constipated, pain in my rectum, back ache, pain in my botoom right abdomen. Ive had two ops so far and my last will be a full hysterectomy and bowel resection......i was put on a six month course of prosrap which stopped my periods and put me into a false sense of menapause which helped a great deal, and now i have been given 4 months to concieve so fingers crossed!

I am already blessed with a 2 year old boy whom i concieved very easily....however giving birth to him sped up the endo so my chances are slim now.

I havent tried any other remedies....to be honest i hadnt heard of them but if i had then i would def give them a go.

Have you had an investigatory laprascopy?

rach x
rachkluz
Friend

Postby JB7764 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Thanks for replying. I'm sorry TTC is challenging for you. I will be sending you lots of babydust daily for the next few months and also praying for you to get your BFP during your allotted time given to TTC. It has to feel so stressful to have such a short time!

I haven't had a LAP or anything. I just have a feeling that Endo is an issue because of my symptoms. But I'm also starting to realize that my cycles are changing so it's possible that I could have PCOS. Or maybe even both! My cycle went from 27-29 days to 27-35 days. And right now I'm on CD 35 and AF still isn't here so I think they are getting even longer. But there's still time for her to show up today.

I decided that I need to start temping again. So I will start that once AF shows up. I need to see if I'm even still Oing or not. I'll also have to keep good track of of these symptoms so I can see how they coincide with things.
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

DH's SA results (abstention- 5 days):
Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:
TSH: 1.320 uIU/ml
FSH: 6.34 miU/ml
Prolactin: 8.3 ng/ml
Progesterone: 4.41 ng/ml
1st Clomid cycle: March 2013

HSG 10/2/13 showed everything clear and looking good

1/1/2016 BFP: 1/4/016 MC @ 5 weeks :angel:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: My (possible) endo symptoms and naturally reducing them

Postby lavanya.rajaram » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi,

I do not know if you are reading or following this post now. But I thought I will write to you so that we can share the story and also learn from each other.

If I were to write my own post, I would just need to copy all your symptoms.. Just that I have been married for a almost 2 years now and no conception yet.

I had severe pain always during periods. This July & Aug was the worst months.. I was bleeding through out the month.. RE says its ENDO.. But cannot confirm without Lap. I went on a veg diet, birth control pills on 3 months while I work on Vit D, Low Heamoglobin & High TSH (3.9).

They were going to do a surgery on Dec 11.. But the Ultra sound revealed much smaller endomtriomas (cysts) now. So I decided, no surgery as no guarantee that endo will not return.. I will continue with my herbal remedies.. stopped bcp.. I am going to try on my own from next month..

I bought my first opk online.

Herbal remedies: Turmeric as an anti inflammatory agent, I also tried Ashokarishta (Indian) medicine. I don't know what worked for me.. But something surely did. Stopped coffee, white sugar, reduced white rice, started brown rice..

After stopping bcp, I have been bleeding for 10 days now.. medium to low flow only.. manageable pain.. I have taken 2 naproxein in 10 days.. thats against 3 to 5 in a day in August..

I hope I will feel better soon and I will win the endo naturally..

I am waiting to hear from you.. All the best!
Endo - Possible Stage IV Aug 2013
Sep 2013- Nov 2013 - bcp, vegetarian diet..
Nov 2013 - Dec 2013 Ayurvedic meds.. fighting endo with diet..
17 Dec 2013 CD1
lavanya.rajaram
Friend

Postby ABelle » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:31 pm

What makes you think you have stage 4 endo if you haven't had a lap?

Have you ever had an HSG test to see if your tubes are even patent?

I would think an easy remedy to start off with would be the dye test. That way, you would know if it's even possible for an egg to pass thru your tubes to meet with sperm. This is a simple test, done under xray.

I have had lap surgeries done and they have both helped with endo symptoms. Acupuncture also has helped in conjunction with surgery. I am dairy free, gluten free, soy free, caffeine free.

Good luck to you!
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 42. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months before finally getting our positive!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lavanya.rajaram » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi Abelle, thanks for your post. I had a hsg.. tubes are open.. but distally swollen.. Doctor says possible stage 4 endo looking at mri..
how do u maintain such clean diet? any suggestions?

thanks again...

I am 31 too.. ttc naturally for now.. cudnt afford ivf.

I just came off bcp.. I have been bleeding for 12 days now.. :-( but pain has reduced...
17 Dec 2013 CD1
lavanya.rajaram
Friend

Postby ABelle » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:37 pm

It. Is. Hard. to maintain a clean diet. No other way to describe it! I cut out dairy and soy about a year ago and probably within the past 6 months, I have give up flour/wheat products (gluten free). I sometimes have to tell myself that I would rather have a baby than (insert whatever food you want to eat that you shouldn't).

Are you in the US?

We TTC naturally for a while as well, then I had my lap surgery done and tubes were blocked, endo was cleared out as much as they could. I took Lupron for 6 months to help heal my uterus and a year after my 1st lap, I had another one done and my tubes were open and endo was better. Tried another year doing Clomid, no success. Then we started with a reproductive endocrinologist and did another hsg to be sure tubes were open (they were) and then we did a few IUI's, having to go on birth control in between each IUI because I would develop cysts. I started acupuncture shortly after these IUI's (which was about a year ago).

IVF is ridiculous expensive but we took a break from fertility treatments this past year so we could save money for IVF. It's kind of our last shot, ya know.

It's good news that your tubes are open. I bet going gluten free would help with the inflammation associated with the endo. GF really isn't that hard. You just can't have most pastas and breads. You can still have rice (brown or white) and GF pasta and GF bread, can have all meats, veggies, etc. It's all about reading the labels.

Have you tried anything like Clomid or IUI's? Cheaper alternative than IVF?
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lavanya.rajaram » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi, I am in the US. I have been ttc for 5 months last year.. Did not see any doctor.. I thought I had PCOS. Until I reached the US this July and soon after that my pain and PMS were horrible. Then I saw an OBGYN, she recommended the RE. HE says, I must go for IVF after Lap.. else endo will be back.. Thus, I started of with my fully veg diet, stopped coffee (keeps coming back here and there).. lots of herbal remedies.. have seen some improvement.. I also started taking ayurvedic medicines.. I mostly thrive on Rice, vegs, lentils, and some white meat..

The problem now is I am thinking if I will worsen the endo having come out of bcp.. only time will tell I think...

Good Luck with your ttc journey.. I have not tried any fertility treatments.. My AMH is fine.. but DH sperm morphology is poor.. count is great.. I have sent both our reports to the ayurvedic doctor and got the medicines for both of us.. After a month of taking those meds and being on a clean diet, I saw that the endometriomas reduced to more than half the size on both sides.. I have to see if this improves..

Lets hope! :-)
17 Dec 2013 CD1
lavanya.rajaram
Friend

Postby ABelle » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Good luck with the natural route!

BCP will help endo and also depending on the severity of the endo, you can TTC naturally after a lap so that statement from your RE about having to do IVF afterwards doesn't ring true if they clear out your endo and your tubes are patent.

Everything looks great for me and DH also and natural ways haven't gotten us our :bfp: and so far, neither have the IUI's or medicines. Soooo, only thing I can think is that my tubes have some damage from the endo and this is the only method left to try!

You still have plenty of time to figure it out though if you have been TTC for 5 months! We are going on almost 5 years! Good luck!

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lavanya.rajaram » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:39 pm

I had stopped the pills around 15 last month.. on 17th Dec I had something like aunt flow lasted for a few days..Then the whole month I had spotting (brown). I continued the meds.. I started drinking coffee on and off.. Now today AF started again.. no heavy cramps.. But I am bleeding well.. Which means hopefully my meds are working.. I have not taken a pain killer today.. In the last month I might have taken it thrice.. or may be 4 times..

Let me see how this cycle behaves as I am off the pills.. Last month was the first one, so I gave a benefit of doubt for the brown spotting thru out.. The good thing is that the brown spotting is not smelly or too painful etc.. So I am not suspecting anything...
17 Dec 2013 CD1
lavanya.rajaram
Friend

Return to Endometriosis