Endo and pregnancy

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Endo and pregnancy

Postby Jazzi » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:09 am

Hi ladies,

I recently got my BFP, i am 5 weeks pregnant.

My question is how has Endo affected your pregnancy?

Last night i had a really sore left side and was certain something was going wrong with my pregnancy, after pacing the floor i went to the bathroom and had a bowel movement (sorry tmi) after that the pain totally dissappeared? Is this due to my endo or normal in pregnancy??

Thanks for listening

Jazzi xxx
Jazzi

Re: Endo and pregnancy

Postby ete29 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:11 am

I remember feeling my scar tissues stretch in my lower abdomen with my second pregnancy. This was scary because it felt like the pressure you feel when you're about to deliver :omg: I also have endo on my intestines and sometimes it can become inflamed and hurt before bms. I find cutting out gluten helps with inflammation. I breastfed for 14 months with my first, and two years, three months with my second, and I felt like it reduced severity of symptoms.
ete29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jazzi » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:49 am

Thank you for the reply, I have had spotting on/ off for over a week now. I had a scan and it was too early to see anything and they want to rule out ectopic pregnancy, i have another scan tomorrow to see whats happening. Can spotting be related to endo too? My hcg levels are 400 and they will be tested tomorrow too and hopefully they have doubled. Fingers crossed.

Jazzi xxx 
Jazzi

Postby ambernicole8484 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:29 am

I have endo, but I don't know how it feels, yet! Just wanted to stop and say Congrats! :) Hopefully it doesn't cause you too much trouble.
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jazzi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks for taking the time to reply, unfortunatley i have had a MC  back to the start of TTC xxx
Jazzi

Postby ambernicole8484 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:25 am

I'm so sorry :( :hugs:
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnnaJuly » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:28 am

Hi,
Sorry to heat about your miscarriage, :(
I did some research on this as am fairly recently discovered to have endo and have been going through chemical pregnancies recently. It seems in some cases pregnancy aggravates the endo but in some people they do not notice.
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jazzi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:58 am

Sorry to hear you havnt had a great time with this pregnancy malarky either.
Thats interesting, when i was attending the hospital for the miscarriage, the midwife had said there is a higher risk of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage with endo, i wasn't aware of that before.

Have the doctors booked you in for a lap to remove the endo? You would think if they removed the endo we would have a better chance of a healthy pregnancy
Jazzi xxx
Jazzi

Postby AnnaJuly » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:48 am

Jazzi wrote:Sorry to hear you havnt had a great time with this pregnancy malarky either.
Thats interesting, when i was attending the hospital for the miscarriage, the midwife had said there is a higher risk of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage with endo, i wasn't aware of that before.

Have the doctors booked you in for a lap to remove the endo? You would think if they removed the endo we would have a better chance of a healthy pregnancy
Jazzi xxx

Well some of my endo was removed, I had a lot on one ovary and they excised about half the ovary. That was not quite two years ago and it feels like I O'd from that side this cycle. I have a lot of endo on my intestines/bladder and on the outside of my uterus. The surgeon said it was too dangerous to remove. My tubes are ok, except for one that is glued to my stomach from the endo.
I think the chances of successful conception are not just how extensive the endo is but where. If it has scarred your tubes, quite hard. If it is on both ovaries very bad also as it will give you a poorer quality egg. There is debate it seems about various things going on inside that make the general abdominal cavity toxic to conception and implantation. I have a feeling though in my case the inflammation of which the surgeon commented on was from gluten. He discovered I had Celiac disease and it ties in quite often with endo. I have noticed (overtime) improvement in my periods- shorter and less heavy/clotty. I use natural anti inflamatories, such as ginger and Tumeric, fish oil and low dose aspirin. I think those combined with the going gluten free have helped a lot. I am not sure if my righ ovary will give a good egg but I keep hoping. Who knows since it had a lot removed. Some was supposed to regrow. The left is good but with the tube attatched to my stomach, I think puts me at risk for an ectopic. Has your doctor recommend any homeopathic remedies? I have found mine out via research. They wanted me to go to IVF but since I do conceive naturally, just miscarry, I am do not think IVF is the course for me. I will keep taking my vitamins and hope for a good egg :)
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Endometriosis