My bfp with endo success story.

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

My bfp with endo success story.

Postby Jazish » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi ladies, some of you may know me my old account was HopingWaiting. Anyways I was dx'd with endo this year after years of trying and mc's. Well I just wanted to share my story with you and a possible theory I have (not proven just weird coincidences).
So this cycle we decided to ntnp. The week prior to O I had been in and out of the er because I was vomitting and in a lot of pain, the doctors assumed it had to do with a stomach condition I had and put me on pain meds and nausea pills. The week of o I was back in the hospital and they finally diagnosed me with a severe kidney infection that had spread through out my body. I was in the er every morning to get a two doses of antibiotics and pain meds through my IV and then I had to take an oral antibiotic 3x a day. Some how without realizing it we bd'd the day before O, day of O and day after. As sick as I was the last thing I was thinking about was getting pregnant. I guess with all the pain meds relaxing me I just was in the mood. Well a friend who has a one year old son and also has very severe endo told me that she got pregnant while on high doses of antibiotics for an infection due to a tooth. I didn't think twice about it, I just blew it off. Well fast foward to 12/18, my period is due, I knew I wasn't pregnant after all I had been on so many meds and so sick that I knew I wouldn't be so I just patiently waited for AF. 12/19: AF is a day late. my period is rarely late. Everyone keeps joking that I'm pregnant. I was like whatever. So I checked my cm with a q-tip because two or so days before af comes without missing a beat my cm is always yellow, I look at the q-tip and my cm is clear as day. I'm like weird. My doctors finally got back to me so I scheduled my lap and two other surgeries (those two were for my stomach condition unrelated to IF). It's getting later in the day and I decide to start encouraging af to come like I normally would if af seemed to be hesitating (I just wanted af to be done and over with before xmas) so I tried masterbabting (tmi sorry) because orgasm encourage contractions which encourage af. I tried going to the bathroom (#2 sorry tmi again), I tried a shower, and still nothing my cm was very clear. Now I'm confused and so I start taking online am I pregnant quizzes and they are all saying most likely. I start thinking about how I've had strange unexplained headaches the past few days, my boobs hurt but not as bad as pms, and I'm fairly sure I had imagined beating the crap out of a few people cuz I was so irritable. Then all of the sudden I had symptoms I had never had before with any of my af's or pregnancies...weird pains in/on my vagina. The first pain was on the left side where my labia ends and my actual vagina opening starts, it was a sharp pinching discomfort not too painful though. The next sets of pains were on the left side were my thigh meets my vagina like if you look at your baby box how it makes a V shape it was on the left side of the V and once again same type of pain. The last very weird symptom was a "rolling" feeling on my clitoris, it felt like someone was rolling a marble on it. That's when I decided the next morning I would test. 12/20 (17DPO): I pee in the cup and my pee is orangish like it normally is when I know I'm o'ing (weird thing that happens to me) I was like "huh." and then I dip one test and was fully expecting it to be bfn. The pee didn't go across the screen so I tilted it and it goes across and I see two lines and I thought "damn, I shouldn't have tilted it, I broke it. :doh: " so I dip another its bfp too and still thinking its a fluke I use the last one sure enough its positive too. I stood and stared at those tests in complete shock for 5 minutes. I walk out of the bathroom and my BF is like "no go?" and I respond "no they're positive" so casually he thought I was kidding. I was still in shock. After it sunk in I called my OBGYN cancelled my lap and scheduled my first appt. I asked the nurse if she's ever heard of endo patients getting pregnant on antibiotics and she said "now that you mention it, it is quite common...weird." so I instantly looked t google and found tons of bfp stories of endo women getting preg on high dose antibiotics. It's really strange. I'm not saying that's why I got pregnant but I've done countless IF treatments with no results and somehow got pregnant without any thought towards it, and I was so sure I wasn't. But that's my story feel free to ask me any questions. I know stories like this helped me a lot when I was down about my endo. Good luck ladies and I really hope you all get sticky bfps soon! :D
Formally HopingWaiting
Me - Jaz - 23
DD - 2
DX: endo, unexplained IF, and unexplained losses.
After 4 losses I have my DD!
Jazish

Re: My bfp with endo success story.

Postby MrsPih1024 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Congrats to you!
I have to say I'm not surprised about this. My RE believes that Endo is an autoimmune disease. I also have Hashimoto's and I have read about patients taking high dose antibiotics and they start feeling better- no joint pain, less fatigue etc.

I have read that ppl with autoimmune disease have a difficult time conceiving b/c their body responds by rejecting the embryo.
It's all theories, but definitely makes you go hmmm.

Hmmm, now how can I get my hands on some antibiotics?!
Kidding... somewhat.

I don't know what type of antibiotics you were on, but I used to take some for my skin (Doryx) which consequentially is also the same one that certain docs will prescribe to Thyroid patients, but it can cause birth defects! I guess that is not the story with all antibiotics though. HMMmm
Me:Candice 31, DH: 32
TTC #1 since March 2012
Feb 28th: m/c discovered at 7wks4days, no heartbeat

Rainbow baby BFP!: June 4, 2013 EDD: Feb 12, 2014

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
MrsPih1024
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ummzakariyyah » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:34 am

Interesting. Praying for you...
Peace and Love,
Umm Zakariyyah
(This means Mother to Zakariyyah in Arabic)

Married <3 12/1/12
Boy 2005
Girl 2006- emergency C section due to placental abruption.
TTC since 7/2013

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/410895
ummzakariyyah
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby venusmillennia » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Very interesting! Congrats on your bfp. Praying for a sticky bean for you
venusmillennia
Friend

Postby Jazish » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks ladies. I will dig up my papers and figure out what they had me on for ya. But hey it's worth a try if your doctor believes its autoimmune see if they'll let you try antibiotics?
Formally HopingWaiting
Me - Jaz - 23
DD - 2
Jazish

Postby AnnaJuly » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:55 am

Hi and congrats!
Wow that IS interesting.
I have seen endo linked in with autoimmune diseases. It tends to cluster with two I have - Celiac and Autoimmune hypothyroidism.
I wonder if the antibiotics neutralize NK cells.
Will look more into this, thanks for sharing. :)
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jazish » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Of course! GL Anna idk if you remember me but I used to be hopingwaiting.

I'm praying you all get a sticky bfp!
Formally HopingWaiting
Me - Jaz - 23
DD - 2
Jazish

Postby Tina03 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:04 pm

I know the thread is old, but i have an idea to this (i have some medical understanding as a medical assistant). I don't think it's the antibiotics that caused you or others to get pregnant. But what so far is known about endo is that something is wrong with the immune system, it works too much, or fights things it shouldn't and doesn't fight things it should. My theory is that through this severe kidney infection your immune system was lowered and busy with the infection, so that the embryo had a chance getting by without being destroyed. Cause mostly that is what happens also when a woman conceived the immune system lowers it's defenses. I'm just saying before everyone tries to get their hands on antibiotics reading this :-P maybe it's also the combo of both. But it's interesting either way.
2012 diagnosed with endometriosis, surgery/lap, diagnosed with subseptate uterus 2017...TTC since almost 3 years before first BFP in 2015
2015 August 4 - MC identical twins at 7 w, BFP @ 13dpo - squinter BFP @ 12 dpo, Betas: 152, 310, 1982
2016 Oct 10 - MC at 5-6 weeks, BFP @ 9dpo, Beta @ 4w 199

2016 Dec 30 - BFP @ 9dpo > EDD Sept 13, 2017 It's a BOY (av. BPM 130)

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Endometriosis