First laproscopy = not the best news :(

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First laproscopy = not the best news :(

Postby venusmillennia » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Hello all!! I just needed some advice and positivity. I went for my very first laproscopy on Dec 13. My doc found stage 4 endo as well as one large fibroid on the top of my uterus as well as another small fibroid. Anyways doc says I'll need an open abdominal surgery to help my chances with ttc. I'm both terrified and excited and was wondering if anyone has had this done? And did you get your bfp and if so how long did it take? I would love any advice or suggestions anyone might have. Thanks
venusmillennia
Friend

Re: First laproscopy = not the best news :(

Postby ummzakariyyah » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:26 am

Wish I have been there, but I haven't. Praying for you.
Peace and Love,
Umm Zakariyyah
(This means Mother to Zakariyyah in Arabic)

Married <3 12/1/12
Boy 2005
Girl 2006- emergency C section due to placental abruption.
TTC since 7/2013

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/410895
ummzakariyyah
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby venusmillennia » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks for the prayer ummzakariyyah :)
venusmillennia
Friend

Postby KAPT » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi venusmillennia, I have had 2 laps done, my first one was to remove a 12 cm endo cyst, which was bad in it self. And my second one was June of last year, I had it done because endo was back and we wanted to try for a baby.

Anyway, it turned out that besides the endo I also had severe scar tissue everywhere, including my appendix which was removed, also my left tube had some scar tissue. My doc got all of it out, so now I have open tubes, no endo and spot on regular periods (which I did not have before). I also went through OV testing after all said and done, it was determined that everything is working well.

I know how hard it is to go through surgery but once you do it, it will be over with and then you can try and have a good chance. As of today this is our 7th cycle trying for a little one, and I have to say even with all the disappointments, I have learned to listen to my body closely and know when things are happening, each month I learn something new.

Stay positive, I'm sure it will all work out. Let us know of your news. Good Luck! **Hugs**
KAPT
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby venusmillennia » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi Kapt, thanks so much for the reply. I'm happy things are all in working order for you. Hope you get your BFP very soon :)
venusmillennia
Friend

Return to Endometriosis