any luck conceiving on your own with endometriosis

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

any luck conceiving on your own with endometriosis

Postby endometriosis4 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Hello All,

I got diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis in Jan 2013. I got a lap done on 02/26/13. My RE said that my endo was stage 4+. I had bilateral endometriomas. They removed the cysts but couldn't remove all of the endo.
Anyways, my doc has given me 4 mths to try and conceive on my own. She suggests IVF after that. She says i won't benefit from IUI.
My cycles were always 30-31 days prior to lap. March, I had a 21 day cycle and this time I think it will be a 24 day cycle. This is my first mth trying. I ovulated on cd 14 (confirmed through bloodwork). I have brown discharge on wiping since 8 dpo and period like cramps. Today is 11 dpo and I have been having the brown discharge since four days now. My temp dropped to coverline 10 and 11 dpo which signals that af is on its way. Any chance that I still maybe pregnant??? I never spot brown before af. However, this last cycle i did spot brown for 5 days right after the end of AF.
Has anyone conceived naturally with stage 4 endometriosis with cysts on both ovaries. If it doesn't happen for me this cycle, i was thinking of giving non medicinal iui a shot. Dont know what to do. I so badly want it to work.
endometriosis4

Re: any luck conceiving on your own with endometriosis

Postby endometriosis4 » Thu May 02, 2013 3:37 pm

anyone???
endometriosis4

Postby Menehune » Thu May 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi! No luck to report here. But, I've seen previous threads w success stories. Peruse the threads when u have a chance.

Best wishes,
M
Me - 36 (PCOS/Endo/polyps), Him - 37
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid only Sept-Nov 2010
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Started Metformin for PCOS
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Laparascopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C Dec 2012 - Endo removed from both ovaries and bladder, uterine polyps removed
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Mar 2013 - Acupuncture to prep for IVF
Hysteroscopy/Endo scratch/polyps removed May 2013
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 30 eggs retrieved, 27 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
The twins arrived at 34 weeks, baby boy spent 2 weeks in NICU, baby girl spent 3 weeks in NICU
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Sen » Fri May 03, 2013 9:53 am

Hi there, well, some 'suspected' mild endo was discovered during a lap last year when I had a tubal pregancy - it's not as severe as yours is but I can positively say I did fall twice (even though I lost them both!). I am also moving onto IVF if my remaining tube is found to be blocked/damaged from the endo. I hope you are able to fall naturally as I did, maybe have a look on the BFP Stories section and search for BFP with Endo - it had lots of success stories there which you can read to help you stay hopeful and positive.
Charlotte (34) DF (23) DS1 (2)
'One n Done' for now.

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic & Left-Side Salpingectomy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013
Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AGFVB » Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Yes you can conceive naturally on your own with endo. I had stage 3 endo, have had excision and 4 surgeries for ovarian cyst removals. I have a 13 year old, had one MC 5 years ago, and just got a BFP last week, very unexpectantly. In fact I was getting ready to have a biopsy for part of my fertility testing and they did a preganancy test prior to the procedure and it came back positive. It was very unexpected, as my endo had been very bad for the last 6 months and last month was extremley bad in which I had to go to the ER. So please don't give up hope!
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Tracker[/url]
AGFVB
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alchemist » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:09 am

I did for first preg (2 years after a lap and the month before going for a second one) and i am trying again and i had a lap in april and they cleaned scarring out, so holding thumbs :)
Alchemist
Friend

Postby Eskarrina » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:27 am

Hi there, I'm new here and I got pregnant with our son after 2 attempts with stage 4 endometriosis. Unfortunately we are having a hard time this time around (13 cycles, nothing). I have had 2 laps in the past and I have 2 chocolate cysts about 2cm right now. Also, they could not remove all the endo in either of my surgeries because it wasn't worth the damage to my organs to get it out.

Don't give up! There is hope!
Eskarrina
Friend

Return to Endometriosis