Possible to get pregnant with ovarian cyst caused by endo?

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Possible to get pregnant with ovarian cyst caused by endo?

Postby lynt14 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:51 am

Hi, am feeling really down because I just found out today I've a 2cm cyst in my left ovary. This just 6 months after I had a lap to remove a 5cm cyst on my right ovary.

Doc thinks I should not do another lap and he suggested IVF. My question - have any of you had any success stories of getting pregnant naturally with an ovarian cyst? I can't decide if IVF is the way to go.
lynt14: 34
DH: 32
TTC since Nov '12
lynt14

Re: Possible to get pregnant with ovarian cyst caused by end

Postby Eskarrina » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:30 am

I got pregnant with cysts on both ovaries. I don't remember how many or what size but I can say that my endo was at its WORST ever and I got pregnant in 2 attempts. Right now I have 2 cysts, one on each ovary both about 2cm. There is hope for you yet!
Eskarrina
Friend

Postby JessM » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:57 am

I have had a horrible time with ovarian cysts. Two laps for huge cysts. One burst and since it was an endometrioma they had to remove pieces of it and repair my ovaries. The second time I had two grapefruit sized cysts. Again, they had to repair my ovaries. Almost lost one of them. However, I got pregnant fairly easily with my son. One thing I can say is I used high dose BCP to shrink smaller cysts. I think it was a 4 cm cyst and we did 3 months of continuous BCP. 2 cm is on the small side. My dr wouldn't even consider surgery until they were 5 unless I was in a lot of pain.

IT'S A BOY!
Declan 12/31/11 at 10:29 PM
JessM

Postby nolalady84 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:51 am

Hi ladies, realize this thread is very old but I am reaching here. 5 days ago they discovered I have small cyst on both ovaries. Before the ultrasound I mentioned to the tech I always feel like im ovulating on the right, she confirmed that ovary was larger. I have not been diagnosed but have that gut feeling this is Endo. My mother and her sister both had hysterectomies in their 40's. My Aunts Daughter at 35. I am now 30 just getting off the pill Feb 2014. Charting for the last 3 months. Of course now im feeling things.

He's started me on Clomid to ensure im ovulating, I read it can make endo worse. If I do achieve pregnancy will these cyst and ovary continue to grow? Should I be worried or try charting a few.more months?
nolalady84
Friend

Return to Endometriosis