Lap recovery time

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Lap recovery time

Postby kitcat1105 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:45 am

Hi,
I'm having a lap in Sept. It will be done on a Tues and I will be back at work the next Mon. I exercise a lot...I do CrossFit and run, so basically I lift a lot of weight. This exercise has helped me so much in dealing with infertility. I haven't asked my doc yet about exercise. I've been on the phone with nurses up until now and just trying to sort out the timing of the lap. I'm on bcp to make sure the timing is right. By the way, a lap is the only thing I haven't done in this whole journey (see signature). I'm not sure if they will find endo. While I don't have severe cramps, I'm crampy for much of my cycle, get very bloated and sometimes symptoms of IB. She agreed to do lap as well because I have a tilted uterus and all of my IUI's/IVF transfer was difficult to navigate.
Plus, IVF isn't on the table right now.

How long do most doctors say you need until going back to regular exercise? I'm really hoping it's just a couple weeks for me.
Me 35 DH 41 TTC since Oct 2010
"Unexplained Infertility"
1st IUI March 4th (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
2nd IUI end of April (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
3rd IUI end of May (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
4th IUI June 18 (50 mg clomid) - BFN
August IVF
ER Thurs 8/9!
5 DT Tuesday 8/14- Transfered 1 5 day blast, 3 potential frosties
Beta Fri Aug 24th -bfn
On a break I guess. Thinking about getting a lap done.

My Ovulation Chart
kitcat1105
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Lap recovery time

Postby kitcat1105 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:45 pm

43 views and no replies:(
Me 35 DH 41 TTC since Oct 2010
"Unexplained Infertility"
1st IUI March 4th (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
2nd IUI end of April (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
3rd IUI end of May (50 mg. clomid) - BFN
4th IUI June 18 (50 mg clomid) - BFN
August IVF
ER Thurs 8/9!
5 DT Tuesday 8/14- Transfered 1 5 day blast, 3 potential frosties
Beta Fri Aug 24th -bfn
On a break I guess. Thinking about getting a lap done.

My Ovulation Chart
kitcat1105
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MissHLW » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:51 am

Hi Kitcat

Sorry to read that your TTC journey has been unsuccessful up until now! Hopefully once you have the Lap they will be able to find something simple but explain why twits been difficult.

I had a Lap in Sept 2012, they found Endo and zapped off as much as they could, it has decently helped with the pain, I too get Sever bloated-ness at times, and painful BM/IB symptoms along with pain during BD :( but having the Lap was the best thing I done, just waiting for my BFP now.... FX!

My recovery was slow I think, I horse ride so was keen to get back into mucking out/riding, but I didn't feel confidant and comfortable to lift heavy water buckets or get on and ride until a good two and a half weeks after the op, but that may be because I had a lot of healing to do inside from all the 'zapping'.
It's totally different for every person, I'm sure you'll recover quicker as you are so active all the time.

Good luck to you, I'll be stalking to see how you get on x
Me and DF in our 20's
TTC #1 since May
Cycle #8
Endometriosis diagnosed with Lap in 2012
Another Laparoscopy and Dye test scheduled for FEB 2014
Cycle Day 21 blood test scheduled for this month & SA for DF this month.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/42d79c/
MissHLW
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MissHLW » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:52 am

Twits LOL I meant to write, "why it's"

Xx
Me and DF in our 20's
TTC #1 since May
Cycle #8
Endometriosis diagnosed with Lap in 2012
Another Laparoscopy and Dye test scheduled for FEB 2014
Cycle Day 21 blood test scheduled for this month & SA for DF this month.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/42d79c/
MissHLW
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JessM » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:58 am

For me, the first one was a longer recovery. However it was an emergency lap. The second one the recovery was much quicker, I was back to work in I think 1.5 weeks. I am very active at work, so that makes a difference. However both times I didn't return to exercise until 6 weeks.

In my experience, people who have planned laps, especially if they were exploratory and not to fix an issue, the recovery is quick.

IT'S A BOY!
Declan 12/31/11 at 10:29 PM
JessM

Postby Menehune » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi Kitkat,

Sorry about the long TTC journey. I can relate.

I agree with the other gals...your lap recovery time totally depends on what they find. Some gals head right back to work the next day, others need weeks off. My RE found some endo and zapped it off. I woke up pretty crampy and took about 3-4 days before I was back to work (luckily it was mostly over the weekend). I wasn't feeling back to normal until about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks after my lap. You'll probably want to take it easy with regards to exercise for at least a week after, but being in shape before the lap will probably help you spring back.

Definitely plan to wear loose clothing as your belly button area will be tender. I hugged a small pillow to my belly when sitting just because it felt better.

Best of luck to you!
Me - 36 (PCOS/Endo/polyps), Him - 37
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid only Sept-Nov 2010
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Started Metformin for PCOS
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Laparascopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C Dec 2012 - Endo removed from both ovaries and bladder, uterine polyps removed
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Mar 2013 - Acupuncture to prep for IVF
Hysteroscopy/Endo scratch/polyps removed May 2013
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 30 eggs retrieved, 27 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
The twins arrived at 34 weeks, baby boy spent 2 weeks in NICU, baby girl spent 3 weeks in NICU
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kpm326 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 am

I just had mine done yesterday but they didn't know about the endo until they got in there. Originally they were removing a cyst covering the entire left ovary but ended up removing both. I am very sore, taking pain meds as often as possible. I took Monday off work and will br light duty for a few days when I return Tuesday.

It wasn't as bad as I was anticipating and knowing I have endo explains my fertility struggles. Finally having a real answer is great!
Me: 28, DH: 28
TTC #1
Off BCP since Jan. 2012
1st RE appt. June 2013
Kpm326
Friend

Return to Endometriosis